Tuesday, October 28, 2008
blarkness rating: 5/5
blarkness rating: 5/5
Monday, October 27, 2008
blarkness rating 4.5/5 (I knocked off .5 because they have limited designs for the original iPhone)
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
- I finished Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. On a recent shopping trip, I bought the other three books, Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. I started reading Twilight, the first book on Monday and am almost finished. PLEASE READ THE SERIES IN ORDER...I was being cheap by reading the last book which I got my hands on, I really wanted to see if I would enjoy the series before investing in it. If you are interested in reading it, I can lend you the books.
- The conference, Fall Forum, in Niagara-on-the-Lake that I was planning was a huge success. Learning during the day, dancing with an open bar at night (seeing my mom on the dance floor?) mentoring sessions the following day, and to top that delicious food all weekend!
- I got new eyeglasses. They are a cute pair and wow, I can see so much better now. With the sun not making an appearance these days (I love sunglasses), I can wear my glasses to work.
- Tita Pinkie came and left after 9 days. It's different without her here. She didn't stay at our place that much, she was too busy partying with my mom.
- I spent my day off on Monday with Julie. We shopped at Heartland and did not go overboard on the spending. I got the books, a purple cardigan, two turtlenecks and boots that I ended up returning yesterday. Mike pointed out that since I am short, I should opted for boots with a heel rather than flat boots.
- I saw Darina (my ex co-worker from Taxi) and her son, Kai. He is adorable. The cutest thing ever!!! I will post up some pictures that I took of him later.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I honestly have to say that I love that Gino's friends still keep in touch with us even though he is no longer with us. Being with Gino's friends makes me feel good, like Gino's spirit is with my family through his friends. G's friends are awesome, I truly see why he is friends with each one of them. They are all unique and bring a certain quality to their crew of friends.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Mike and I are cleaning up the condo right now because the O-town Boyz (Gino's friends) are coming over later for Tita's sushi dinner. Tita made this sushi dinner for me, Mike, Gino and Mike Martha for NYE 2006 and my mom, Gino and I had it again when we went to Edmonton in October 2006. It's been a long time so I can't wait. Stay tuned for pictures!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
I don't have time to do an elaborate post but I will do a quick rundown in bullet points:
- Saw Nunsensation with my dad at his church for Volunteer Appreciation Night. I stuffed my face with pigs in a blanket (something that I would never eat). I was basically the youngest person there (except for the priest who spoke at my brother's funeral).
- Bought new dishes, two sets since they were 40% off at The Bay. It was a mission for sure! Thanks to Ron for taking our old set. Chilled out for most of the day and then went to the Chinese Lantern Festival with Mike and Dwight. All I have to say is PANIS...Mike took a ton of pictures but he still has to upload them. Thanks MoPar for the tickets.
- Had to cancel brunch at The Boiler House with our Punta Cana friends because the Gardiner was closed. Mike and I went straight to Adaiah's baby shower. Mrs. Recto makes awesome food so I ate like a champ. Played some shower games and took a peek at the nursery. I love it A & J. I can't wait until I am pregnant cuz then I can go shopping with you guys at our favorite baby store. FUDGE IS DELICIOUS by the way.
- Monday is the new Friday, J/K. It sure felt like it when Mike, Maureen, Rommel and I went to watch Robin Thicke at Kool Haus. I wasn't that impressed with this concert but all is forgiven when I found out that Robin Thicke and his band did this set as practice for when he opens for Mary J. He sang all my favourites off the old album and even my new fav from the new album, Dreamworld. I also can believe I drank three beers (thanks to Rommel and Neil), drinking beer is not usually my thing. Thanks again MoPar for the hook up.
That's it from me for now. I am pretty spaced out these day, I say silly things because my brain doesn't work.
P.S. I got a phone call from a little friend of mine, she is so sweet and she called out of the blue. Also, I heard the wonderful news from Dianne. I am so happy for her and so glad that she called to tell me. If you don't know what I am talking about, ask her yourself. It's better if you hear it from her. Belle - look in the mail, your pictures and a little surprise are coming to you!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Single, NKOTB f. Ne-Yo - Yes, you probably know this already since I had the video on my blog and it is constantly playing.
Better in Time, Leona Lewis - I have listened to her album and quickly learn to love Yesterday and Bleeding Love. I just listened to the lyrics and it means a lot to me.
Paper Planes, M.I.A - Gino and A. Wong introduced me to M.I.A at one of Gino's Vinyl parties. They were blasting Bamboo Banga and surprising I liked the song. I remember Mike asked if it was Mia (pronounced it like the name) playing and A. Wong had to correct him and say, "you mean M-I-A". Too funny.
Nobody, Ne-Yo - As always, Ne-Yo's song are very catchy. He is definitely a talented songwriter. If you liked Closer, you will like this song.
Love Song, Sara Bareilles - I heard this on a TV show, it's probably an old song but like Gino always says, I only like songs because I hear them on a show. And he is right. It's funny how on Lipstick Jungle, Kirby and Nico go to see Sara Bareilles at a club and I just discovered that I liked one of her songs.