Saturday, July 25, 2009

restaurant review: Marben


Last night, Mike and I went to Marben for Darren's birthday. It was a small intimate gathering with amazing food. I highly recommend going here for dinner and maybe even brunch (we checked out the menu and there's a lot of yummy offerings). It's a cool little place nestled in the quiet place of Wellington and Portland. I had Mojito Shrimp Mango Ceviche with grilled guacamole and tortilla chips as my starter and for my entree, Seared Black Cod with charred corn grits, grilled avocado and hagao sauce. Lastly, dessert was Hot Chocolate Cake. It was delicious - warm chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling served with a chocolate banana sauce.

Each and every one of us enjoyed our food and I must say that the DJ on Friday nights plays a good combo of house and top 40 mixes.

[blarkness rating: 5 out of 5]

UPDATE: Dinner was so good that Mike and I went back the following night for dinner with Brian and Marah. This time I had the Vegan Summer Rolls for an appetizer, the Arctic Char (don't let the Sambuca spiked pasta throw you off, it's quite tasty) for my entree and again, the Hot Chocolate Cake for dessert. I HIGHLY suggest that you go and eat at Marben this week as they have extended their Summerlicious menu ($35) until August 1st.

No comments: