Saturday, August 1, 2009

book review: L.A. Candy

I love everything about Lauren Conrad - her style, her beauty, The Hills, etc...So it was only natural for me to read her book, L.A. Candy. There are rumours that she used a ghostwriter but I believe it's actually her who wrote the book. As you read, you can totally picture her telling (and writing) the story, after all, it is her story. It gave me some insight on what her life was like being taped for The Hills (and even Laguna Beach) everyday.

The story is about Jane Roberts (aka Lauren). She moves to L.A. with her best friend Scarlett, is discovered by the producers of PopTV (MTV) and asked to star in their new hot reality TV show.

It was quite interesting to read and figure out which characters in the book are her friends in real life. I really liked the relationship between her and Braden (hmmm...Brody?). I am surprised that I actually liked the book. To me, it was too short but an easy read. Lauren left us with a cliffhanger at the end of this book. I can't wait for the next two books to come out.

[blarkness rating: 4 out of 5]

No comments: