Tuesday, August 11, 2009

hair products - i'm old school

A few weeks ago, my friend, Maureen and I were talking about hair products and she asked what I use. After I told her, she called me old school.

Yes, I am...

I still use mousse, gel and styling cream but this combination of hair products works for me. I have very fine hair and not a lot of it. If I don't put any product in my hair, it's as limp as...

So here is my hair routine (All I.C.O.N. products):
  1. After I towel dry my hair, I apply Meringue, a styling foam (mousse) to my roots. This area is where I need volume the most.
  2. I then put a dime size amount of each - Protein (gel) and Mesh (cream) - in the palm of my hand and emulsify it together and apply to the rest of my hair (from the roots down). This mixture adds body and control.
  3. I blow dry my hair until it's 95% dry. I will then either straighten it, curl it or throw it into a bun to add more volume.
That's my routine but keep in mind that I only do this every three days. I hate clean hair. It's too silky and squeaky clean for me. Give me my dirty hair. I will use a dry shampoo and a freshener on the days that I don't wash my hair. I can't be that old school if I use dry shampoo...

No comments: