Monday, August 31, 2009

product review: a cleanser and primer

It's amazing how one or two products can change how your skin looks. I recently tried these new two new products, MAC's Cleanse Off Oil and Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer.

Adaiah give me a sample bottle of Cleanse Off Oil. I have always wanted to try an oil cleanser but I never wanted to commit to $25 without really trying it. After a couple of uses, I found that the oil left my face feeling very smooth and even glowing. I have dry skin so the oil leaves more moisture. I only use it at night to remove my makeup (mascara, all-over face powder, etc) and I follow up with a good rinse of water and night cream. My face looks so fresh in the morning. So thank you Adaiah. [blarkness rating: 5 out of 5]

A co-worker of mine gave me a sample of Photo Finish Foundation Primer. I don't wear foundation but I do wear concealer under my all-over face powder. I thought that if I put this primer before my other makeup, it would still give me a smooth finish. And this silky primer, did the trick. The powder that I normally use was easy to apply and gave me just the right glow. [blarkness rating: 5 out of 5]

With the combination of these two products, I can achieve a perfect smooth and healthy look.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I've tried the Smashbox primer too and loved it! Surprisingly it was Shoppers that hooked me up with it. Hmmmm... I think I should pick some up. I hope it doesn't cost too much...

leesha said...

I just realized, to save money, use Optimum points!!!

Maureen said...

OMG! Smart! That's what I'm gonna do!