Monday, September 28, 2009

fame, 5ONE5 and the ponce boyz

I knew that this weekend would be busy. It's Monday. 8:45 am. I have my glasses on and Starbucks in my hand. I am TIRRRREEEDDDD! I really could have slept in today. It's gloomy and I did not want to get out of bed. So enough about my complaining, at least I had a good weekend to show for it.

Friday, last minute, instead of going for bubble tea with Maureen, I asked her if she wanted to see Fame (I did my review in an earlier post). We watched the movie (and surprisingly did not buy any junk food to eat, luckily, I had Sweet Tarts in my bag) and then went to Boston Pizza for some Cactus chips and an individual The Pepper pizza (thanks Pernia!). BTW, we wanted to eat at the bar and got carded. Maur's classic line, "You've got to be kidding me, I'm as old as your ages combined"

Saturday, Mike and I did get to rest for a bit but then had to clean up because we would be having company the next day. Later at night, we picked up Trix and Jae and headed down to Kiwe for Jonny's birthday dinner. Then it was off to 5ONE5 (aka Dee's place). It's kinda cool that so many people can fit in his place. I drank a little too much (damn JD shots) and talked Reinard's ear off. We got home pretty late, I crashed and Mike played Playstation Home, his new obsession, until the wee hours of the morning (I'm talking 6 am).


Sunday, the Ponce family came over. Mike and I baby-proofed our whole place because we were worried about having three kids in our small condo. Rylen is pretty good and can enterain himself, Reid is still a baby so he won't make a mess, it was R.J. that we were worried about. These kids are so entertaining, especially R.J., he is the craziest, fearless kid I know. Jes and Richie asked me to be Reid's godmother. Shocked but honoured, I said yes. The Ponces family is one of my favorite families to hang out with. They always welcome us to their home with open arms, they never make us feel uncomfortable because we don't have kids, we love their kids and I am pretty sure their kids love us and Jes makes awesome potato salad. This family will always be a part of our lives and now that I will Reid's "Ninang", they can't get rid of us anymore =)

That sums up my weekend. I can't wait for the next one. Only 5 more days to go.

No comments: