Saturday, September 26, 2009

movie review: fame

I have a bad memory but I am pretty sure that I never watched Fame the TV show. I love dancing movies so I wanted to check out 2009's Fame. Maureen and I went yesterday last minute. During the entire movie, I kept on thinking that it's pretty much like Step Up (I love this movie). The thing is in Fame, although the dancing and singing numbers are great, it lacked story lines and character builds, something that Step Up and Center Stage have. One character who bugged me - Jenny was quite annoying and she had one of the major story lines. If some characters look familiar but you can't place them...Denise (Naturi Naughton) was Lil Kim in Notorious and Victor (Walter Perez) was Bobby Reyes in Friday Night Lights.

It's definitely a movie to watch on DVD.

[blarkness rating: 2.5 out of 5]

No comments: