Sunday, October 11, 2009

movie review: couples retreat

Any movie that takes place on a resort on a beach is a must see movie for me. I don't care how stupid the movie is, I will still want to watch it.

Couples Retreat has the beautiful scenery, the comedy, the cute kid but doesn't have any hot guys. Does it matter? Not really, if the guys are not hot, at least they are funny.

This movie is about four couples who think they are going to paradise for a vacation with fun-filled activities, only to find that they must participate in mandatory couple skills building exercises.

This movie got really bad reviews. I honestly liked it. I didn't think it was as bad as the critics made it out to be. Maybe it's because I wasn't expecting it to be an Oscar-winning movie. Like Mike said, you have to take it for what it is...a comedy. I laughed a lot in this movie (but it's no Hangover or Superbad). There were some moments when it dragged and there were some parts that really did not need to be in the movie.

My husband and I are now going to search to see where Couples Retreat was filmed cuz we want to find our animal spirit. Just kidding! Although we already talked about it and we think it's an ass! You have to see the movie to understand what we are talking about.

[blarkness rating: 3.5 out of 5]

No comments: