Friday, October 2, 2009

product review: Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Fast Dry Nail Colour

I have seen many ads in the magazines lately for this product and I will admit, I am kind of a nail snob, meaning I only buy OPI and Essie polishes. Now being broke and unable to be the normal nail diva I am (buying a new polish every pay cheque, weekly polish changes), I have to resort to giving myself a mani/pedi, painting my own nails and also buying drug store brand polishes.

Since I always found the brush of Insta-Dry Fast Dry Nail Colour particularly interesting, I had to check it out for myself. At $6.99 a bottle at Shoppers, I decided on Uptempo Plum (purple-black) and Jumpin Jade (dark forest green). The brush is wide and flat which makes it easy to almost do only one swipe on your nail. An added bonus is that the colour is so dense that you only need one coat. I did two coats just for good measure.

First, I have painted two nails to test out each colour. Like I mentioned, one swipe and one coat was all it took to get me hooked. Tonight, I decided to paint my toes first since I still have laundry to do. Although I love the brush, it was very difficult to paint my toe nails. The brush is simply too big, but somehow I managed. I would only recommend this polish for your fingernails and when you need to paint your nails in a jiffy (it dries really quickly and you can make do without a top coat, but please do use a base coat, there is so much pigment in these colours that it will definitely stain your nails when you take it off). I can't wait until the laundry is done and I can finally paint my nails. I know that it certainly won't take long to do.

[blarkness rating: 4.5 out of 5] - I took off half a point because it was a bit hard to use on my toes.

No comments: