Sunday, November 22, 2009

Random things about me

Eyebrows: For the past three months, I have been growing out my eyebrows. I have avoided getting my brows threaded or waxed and have resorted to me plucking them myself.  By me maintaining my own brows, I can control what to take off and what needs to stay so that I can somewhat achieve thicker brows. So far, it's been pretty good. My right eyebrow is looking fuller but it definitely has no shape. My left eyebrow on the other hand is not doing so well. There's a bald spot that doesn't seem to want to grown any hair. I have to pencil it in everyday just to match with the other side.  In a couple of months, I hope that both sides are full and I can go to a respectable brow place to have them shape it without taking off too much.

New Moon: I know that I still may not be able to talk about it because my two sister-in-laws probably have not had a chance to see it over the weekend. I sure want to watch it again but this time around, I'm not going to be as crazy as I was with Twilight. I watched it four times in the theatre (twice on opening weekend). Here's what is probably safe to talk about..I loved the introduction of the wolves and the Volturi. New Moon wasn't my favorite in the saga but it is definitely better than Twilight in terms of the CGI and action scenes. Bella also looks much better compared to how homely she looked in Twilight. It was very funny while watching the movie to hear many grown women screaming when Jacob is shirtless. I can admit that his body is hot but I always remind myself that he is 17! If anyone wants to watch New Moon, let me know, I would be happy to watch it again.

Red-Violet Hair: Back in the beginning of November, I coloured my hair a reddish-violet colour. I can't remember the brand or the actually colour name. At first, it was a bright vibrant colour but now that it's settled in, I really like it and have been getting many compliments on it. My roots are showing though, other people can't really see it, but I can.  Pretty soon I am going to have to think about whether to colour it again the same colour or if I should dye it black (my intentions were to do this bright red colour and then dye it black).  One thing I do know for sure is that I am going to get Maureen to dye it. I strained my arms just trying to apply the colour and also washing it out.

Twitter: This craze is my favorite. I love it and I can't get enough of it. I'm addicted.  It has become my routine to read my twitter feed every morning when I wake up. I won't get up until I have read what went on the past several hours. I also read while I am at work. It's my new love. It's also a good way to get the news you want to read by follow certain people - celebrities or just normal folks. I also like the quick, short updates from my friends. The best part, the many nice and helpful people I have met. A simple reply on a tweet I made...a recipe sent through a direct message...mindless banter about vacation spots...ordering cupcakes - these are all ways that I have made twitter friends. Seriously, if you aren't on Twitter, you should give it a try, you may just end up liking it.

Quest Crew: Another obsession of mine. I can't get enough of these guys. Not only are they talented (they dance, sing play the guitar and piano) but they are hilarious. I wonder what it would be like to spend a day with them? I'm sure I would have an awesome time. Mike thinks I am retarded and I think he gets annoyed by the countless YouTube videos I watch of them. I really miss watching them on American's Best Dance Crew. I'm glad they won because they sure deserved it!

No comments: