Friday, November 27, 2009

Random thoughts again...

50% off Outerwear: If you are in need of a winter coat, H&M and Jacob are offering 50% all outerwear this weekend.  I got a black 3/4 coat with a high neck collar for only $40.

Women's Health magazine: Never underestimate a health magazine. I don't know if this issue is packed with info because of the holiday season but I am seriously loving this mag. There are easy, quick excerises, beauty tips, sex & health issues, info on how to ace an interview, lots of fashion ideas (and good fashion too), and also a gift guide. I also like the layout of the magazine and format of the articles. They are straight to the point, no long essay-type stories. I will have to pick up the next issue to see if I really do like it. It may be subscription-worthy!

Joey's: Tonight, I am going here with Mike, Julie and Mikey. Everyone has been raving about this place. It's too bad that Mike and I didn't go and try it out while we were in Vancouver.  I hope it lives up to the hype that everyone is giving it.  What I can't wait to try is anything taco - ahi tuna or baja fish. I have received tons of recommendations so I hope I am hungry when I go!

Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Latte: After seeing a couple of people on my twitter feed (@oreginal and @fabbrunette) mention that they are having the peppermint mocha latte, I wanted to try it out for myself. I got it this morning with lactaid milk and no whip. It was super sweet. I didn't like it at all. It's enjoyable when I first sip it. There is a nice mocha flavour taste but then when I swallow, all I taste is the shot of peppermint and my mouth gets all minty. I really don't like it.  My friend, MoPar got one an hour after I did and after I gave her my review. She ordered it 1/2 swwet, lactaid and lite whipped and she liked it. I guess she knew what to order because she is a Starbucks junkie. Maybe next time, I will order it the way she did.

No comments: