Friday, December 11, 2009

me...a travel agent?




I love researching new resorts. It totally beats working. On sluggish days when I don't have much to do, I slack off and read resort reviews. I want to be prepared for when our vacation time comes along. With this Christmas vacation we just booked, Mike and I spent numerous hours reading reviews, looking at pictures and making a pros/cons list. I also love helping out my friends decide on a place to go. I love being part of their decision process. Many of our friends ask Mike and I for advice as to where they should go and also ask us for our opinion on resorts they are thinking of going to.

Right now, I am helping out a friend who wants to go away 3rd week of January. I want to help her out as much as I can. I have provided her with some suggested resorts and I told her that I don't mind doing research for her. She then asked me if this is something I may want to get in to - being a travel agent part-time...it got me imagining Mike and I owning our own little travel company specializing in all-inclusive vacations, putting together little proposals for clients, writing reviews, creating a website and magazine, etc...but then my bubble pops and reality checks in...not gonna happen anytime soon. 

Then I thought, what if Mike and I started a blog with reviews and photos of all the resorts we have been to and resorts that we would recommend? If we discover a resort that we are so interested in, you know that we won't disclose any information until we book. Plus, we don't really like sending anyone to a place that we haven't been to ourselves.  So, what do you think? Should I propose this idea to Mike and start a travel blog?

1 comment:

sweetmarie said...

I think you should do it! Its your passion :) Its definitely something you can do on the side!