Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year's resolutions



I don't really believe in making resolutions but I still secretly make them in my head. I pick three things that I want to do in the new year and see what will happen but if nothing comes out of it, I won't beat myself up over it. Here are some of my resolutions:
  1. Continue to go to the gym - before leaving for Punta Cana, Mike and I started working out at our condo gym. I woke up daily at 5:30 am to workout and also on Friday nights at 10 pm. I hope to keep it up in the new year.
  2. Quit smoking - I was trying to quit before getting life insurance but then I realized that I loved smoking too much. I know that is a bad and disgusting habit so I will try to stop.
  3. Stop buying books until I read the pile that is sitting on the floor - I have the tendency to buy books and then not read them. I have a huge pile on the dining room floor just waiting to be read. I am going to promise to not buy anything until I go through the pile.
  4. Try not to get so upset and annoyed at work - my office has a bad vibe, there is no morale, no one cares about anyone and everyone is unhappy. In order to keep myself sane, I am going to try to go to work with a positive attitude and make the environment a place that is welcoming.
  5. Avoid becoming a hoarder - Mike is obsessed with the show Hoarders on A&E. I saw a few episodes even though it's painful to watch. Mike made a comment that he can see me becoming a hoarder (this is very disturbing). My mission is to go through all my stuff and weed out junk - my nightstand, magazines, stationary, cards, bills, DVDs, clothes, makeup, etc...The main task is the locker. I know I have bins in there that are filled with useless junk.
What are your New Years resolutions?

    No comments: