Friday, January 22, 2010

Blog Friend Friday: Meet BlushPretty



My BFF, Stephanie started BlushPretty a couple years ago and her weblog has been my go-to to satisfy my beauty fix. She posts product reviews and recommendations, and she also has side-bars that she updates monthly (my fave!). We first met in 1998 or 1999 through her ex-BF and my husband. Our story that we like to share with others is that we met when they took us on a double date. Stephanie and I immediately clicked and decide that we didn't want to sit with our goofball boyfriends. She has since moved on to an awesome husband and two blushing boys. Stephanie is so laid-back and down-to-earth and you can see these qualities in her blog. If you are into beauty, this is a blog to definitely add to your blog roll. We share a love for Nicole Richie and Max Factor's 2000 Calorie Lash Plumper mascara.

1) When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in 2006 as a way to develop and get the word out on BlushPretty: Makeup and Hair Artistry. Eventually, the blog became a business itself ... So now my business is BlushPretty.com and BlushPretty: Makeup and Hair Artistry.

2) Where do you live?
Ajax, ON ... Where all of Leesh and Mike’s friends live. LOL

3) What do you for a living and what do you do in your spare time when you are not blogging?
I’m a Makeup and Hair Artist/Beauty Blogger. But I’m also the Managing Director for The Sewing Studio. I like to sew. And this year, I’m starting another business related to that.

4) Do you also have a Twitter and/or Facebook account?
Yes. www.twitter.com/BlushPretty. I also have a Facebook account and a Facebook Fan Page ... But I’m over it.

5) What is your favorite website to visit daily?
http://www.womensweardaily.com/ ... thank god for that subscription. But I also visit a lot of entrepreneur inspiration websites like The Boss of You and White Hot Truth.

6) What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
New York City because it’s New York City. And Miami ... It’s literally my second home ... because we have one there.

7) Name your top three movies.
The Devil Wear Prada, The Rookie, Bring it On

8) Who is your favourite celebrity to stalk?
Anyone from Gossip Girl and Nicole Richie

9) Are you a tea or coffee drinker?
Neither unless you count ice tea.

10) Do you love cupcakes (as much as I do)?
Yes.

No comments: