Friday, April 2, 2010
Blog Friend Friday: Meet Solo Lisa
I started following Lisa's blog from other Vancouver blogs I had been following. Her blog, Solo Lisa is filled with lots of fashion and beauty. I have been enjoying her posts on choosing the right handbag or Spring trends. I have to admit that her posts of late have totally caught my attention.
1) When and why did you start blogging?
In my last year of university, I began reading fashion and beauty blogs as a way of procrastinating, and eventually I thought it might be pretty fun to start one of my own. Solo Lisa was initially called "Solo Lisa Y Nada Mas" ("Only Lisa and Nothing More" in Spanish). I went through a phase where I was obsessed with Latin pop culture, but my blog has evolved into one that's more focused on fashion and lifestyle, so I shortened the name to "Solo Lisa."
2) Where do you live?
Vancouver, BC, which makes me Canadian!
3) What do you for a living and what do you do in your spare time when you are not blogging?
I'm a technical writer at a software company, which means I write help manuals and documentation for a living. In my spare time, I like watching Gossip Girl, reading, shopping, salsa dancing, doing yoga, cooking, and hanging out with my boyfriend.
4) Do you also have a Twitter and/or Facebook account?
Yup! My Twitter handle is @SoloLisa. My Facebook profile is only open to people whom I know personally, though.
5) What is your favorite website to visit daily?
Google Reader, because it's where I access the approximately 100 RSS blog feeds I subscribe to.
6) What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
It's a four-way tie between Mexico, London, Paris, and New York. They all satisfy different sides of my personality.
7) Name your top three movies.
Ooh this one's a toughie--I love so many!
8) Who is your favourite celebrity to stalk?
I don't really "stalk" anyone, but I have an enduring crush on Mexican actor Diego Luna.
9) Are you a tea or coffee drinker?
Definitely coffee ftw
10) Do you love cupcakes (as much as I do)?
Probably not. I prefer savory foods over sweets usually.