Saturday, April 17, 2010

Book Review: The Last Song

The Last Song The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book is about Ronnie and her strained relationship with her father and also about her summer love. I had no idea what I was in for. I actually only found out about the book because I saw the trailer for the movie. The book is filled with touching moments of first love and heated arguments of tough love. It hit close to home for me because I don't have a close relationship with my father.

The last 100 pages made me cry very hard, to the point where I had to put the book down to regain my composure. It was so heartwarming and touching to read how Ronnie grows throughout the summer and all the obstacles she faces as she comes into her own person, finally able to build on the relationships she made over the summer.

The Last Song is now one of my top favorite Nicholas Sparks books. Yes, he pretty much stays true to his formula - happiness + surprise turn of events + sorrow but this book has a happy ending, something you wouldn't expect.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: