Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Product Review: Mary Kay Cheek Glaze

Yes, I know that you can see my finger marks. 
I should have taken the pictures before using it.

For the next couple of days, I will be testing and reviewing most of the products that I got as swag from the Beauty Board. I know that you are probably thinking there's this stigmata that Mary Kay is a company for older women but you must be shocked at the fact that they are actually making cool products. This cheek glaze (in pomegranate in the photo above) is very easy to apply and although it's dark in colour, when applied, it adds a perfect flush to your face. This product is ideal for those who want to wear blush but are scared of applying it. Because the glaze is very smooth and light with lots of colour, all you need to use are your fingers to apply and blend. It's fool-proof.  

It totally worked on me this morning as I was looking quite ghostly from only four hours of sleep. At Blush Pretty's Beauty Board, I had applied Tangerine to my friend's cheeks which gave her a very natural coral colour. It would look great on tanned skin.  Pomegranate when I originally tried it on with a tester, it made me look like a clown (it slipped my mind that I already had blush on therefore it really just added more colour). But when applying it this morning, it gave me a rosy, fresh flush. You can also dab a bit of the cheek glaze to your lips to add a hint of colour. The only flaw is that it doesn't stay on all day on your lips and cheeks so make sure you stash this little pot in your bag for quick touch ups.

Don't be turned away that this cheek glaze is from Mary Kay. The packaging is very different than what you were use to seeing. The packaging reminds me of Bobbi Brown products.

| blarkness rating: 4.5 out of 5 |

2 comments:

tris1978ton said...

Looks like something fun to try. Thanks for the review.

Heather said...

Thanks for the review and great application tips Leesh! Happy to hear the Cheek Glaze is working for you!