Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday (on a Sunday evening)

 
I came across this fun little exercise on Stingaling's blog which she stumbled upon here. The blogger is doing a series of themed "fill in the blanks". So far there it's been about music and movies (damn I missed those ones). This past Friday's theme was on books.


1.  My favorite book growing up was the entire Babysitter's Club series. I wish I kept them all instead of selling it in a garage sale.

2.  The funniest book I've ever read was Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson. It's a teen novel but it's hilarious. This girl is quirky and feels no ways telling people what's on her mind. I probably read the first five in the series. I think there's about 10 in total so I should catch up.

3.  The one book that has truly changed my life is I am still looking for this book.

4.  If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I know that everyone hates Miley but it doesn't matter, the book is about so much more - relationships between a father and daughter, friends, first love. I have seen the movie and read the book and as always, the book is much better and definitely more detailed. I spent a Saturday afternoon in tears, unable to breathe because the last couple of chapters were so heartbreaking.

5.  If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet
Stephenie Meyers because I need to know how she came up with the Twilight story and created a vampire that everyone in the entire world is in love with.

6.  The next book on my "to read" list is The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell. I never read any of her other books but I love it when an author goes back in time.

7.  If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring Twilight by Stephenie Meyers, Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin and L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad. As you can tell, I love Chick Lit or teen novels. Something fun and light can keep me occupied. I have to say one thing, I would never be snowed in a remote cabin because it's not my thing so I'm gone to change it to, if I was stuck on a deserted island...

2 comments:

Steph I said...

Fun, huh? Glad you joined the fun.

lisa said...

Oh my goodness, I was such a big fan of the Babysitters Club books when I was growing up. If you get a chance, Google "What Claudia Wore"; it's the name of a blog where the blogger scoops up old BSC books at thrift stores and posts all the outfit descriptions from the books, especially Claudia's.