Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Memories: Mark & Spencer


Okay, this isn't the actual picture but who remembers when Mark & Spencer use to be in Canada. More specifically in Square One? It was upstairs where HMV now stands. I use to love going to the store to buy these shrimp cocktail chips. I don't recall the brand or what they looked like but they were delicious and so full of flavour. I don't think I have come close to find anything similar to it. There was another type of chips that resembled french fries or potato sticks. I wonder if these two items can be found at a British store? I really should investigate this...you know, to satisfy the craving.

3 comments:

Steph said...

I love M&S! I was so excited when I saw the stores in London. I loved those shrimp chips....and the salt and vinegar potato sticks!!! They have a different look now and I do wish they stayed in Canada. They sell good underwear too! :o)

yumi said...

M&S crisps are the best! I used to live on their food in the UK.
Are these the ones?...
http://www.britishfooddirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27_702&products_id=5827

and salt & vinegar chiplets!!
http://www.britishfooddirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27_702&products_id=5885

thanks for making me remember what was good about england!!

Leesh said...

Yumi: Right on the nose...those are exactly what I was talking about. Oh how I miss them. Thanks for sharing the links with me!