Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Memories: Say You'll Stay by Kai




I recently added Say You'll Stay by Kai to my play list. All week it was on repeat. This song reminds me of the phase in my life when I was dating my hubby, and he was in a singing group. I attended numerous practice and performances. I saw guys rotate in and out. I met my BFF through his group. I helped out with picking outfits. I listened to him practice at home and in the car. Anyway, this song is one that his group sang. Kai is an filipino group from California back in the late 90's. This song has such awesome harmonies. Although it's not a song that made the Billboard charts, it's one of those songs that just melt your heart. Yes, that sound so cheesy but it's true. I love the lyrics but most of all, it reminds me of how involved my hubby was in singing and how passionate he was about it. But at the end of the day...I'm glad he grew out of it =)

2 comments:

Steph said...

oh memories! good times! My fave performance was the one at the harbour front....that was fun.

Stephanie Daga said...

I'm smiling right now ... ha ha ha! i remember this ...