Saturday, May 22, 2010

Movie Review: Robin Hood


I don't remember the last time I watched a movie with my dad (maybe when I was six and watched E.T. with him?), so when we were on the phone talking about movies, we decided to watch Robin Hood on Friday. To be honest, I wasn't interested in watching the movie at all, I just finally found something that I could do with my dad. He told me that he had never seen Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (with Kevin Costner) but knew the whole story. I told him that I don't recall the story of Robin Hood. My dad told me, "you know he's the guy who stole from the rich to give to the poor".

I have a lot of trouble watching movies with British accents and I tend to doze off because I can't understand half the dialogue. I tried my best to stay focused on the movie and not drift asleep. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the movie. Every time someone was hit by a sword or arrow, I twitched in my seat. It's difficult for me to watch violence, whether it be with guns, swords, arrows, knives, bombs - I just don't like it.

There's some pretty cool scenes that have to do with bows and arrows. My favorite part is when Robin Hood (Russell Crowe) goes all bad ass to kill the villain in the movie. I am not going to give anything away, just in case you want to watch it. My favorite part is when Russell Crowe shoots an arrow during the battle with France. I will tell you that the movie is about how Robin Hood became Robin Hood, it's all before he came the prince of thieves. If you haven't seen the trailer yet...






| blarkness rating: 4 out of 5 |

1 comment:

tris1978ton said...

Cool. I think I will check it out.