Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday night relaxing

I know I haven't been posting lately. I want to but work's been stressing me lately and when I get home from work, I want nothing to do with my laptop. I just want to relax and decompress.

My hubby left Thursday morning for a weekend in Vegas with the guys. I hope he is having fun. When he booked his flight, I originally was trying to make plans with one of the wives to go to Miami. It then went to maybe going to Niagara Falls for the weekend to just get away and then to shopping in Buffalo for the day. In the end, I settled for just making local plans so that I wouldn't be spending a ridiculous amount of money that I shouldn't be spending.

So far this weekend, I went to The Red Tomato on Friday night with Maureen. We had yummy baked lobster and crab bisque and Bud Light Lime. The soup is the best soup ever. It's bisque with baked pastry puff over top the soup. As always, I had some great conversation with her. Chilling at the bar having soup and beer beats going to a birthday jam. We felt kinda old waiting in line trying to get in so in the end it worked out because Maureen and I got to catch up. Today, I finally went to the gym and ran on the treadmill for 32 minutes. I am feeling skinnier already. I had to force myself to go but I am glad I did. I am leaving for Samana, DR in 42 days and I am feeling overly fat because I can't control my eating habits. All I do is stuff my face because I am stressed at work. Later in the day, I went to watch The Back Up Plan and eat at Earl's with the wife/girlfriend of the boys who are in Vegas with the hubby. I liked the movie. It's not awesome or anything but it's a cute, funny story and the main guy, Stan is kinda hot.


Tomorrow, I am going to CupcakeCampTO. This will be my last binge of junk food. Next week, I will go on a 14 day cleanse, start to eat healthy and go back to the gym. I need to be bikini-ready for our annual vacation in June.

Now for some randoms thoughts:

TV time. There's been some pretty good TV lately. I know I have mentioned it before but I am enjoying all of my shows.  90210 is getting exciting again. Bad-asses are back on the scene - Jen, Naomi's sister, Mark, Annie's ex-boyfriend and potentially Liam's dad. With troublemakers back on the show, it should get interesting with more drama. Plus, I am crushing on Liam these days and also on Harry, the dad of the show (he's pretty hot for an older dude). The Vampire Diaries is now nothing like the books. There's all these twists to the original story. What I am enjoying about the show now is that we get to see this different side of Damon, a more softer, human side of him. Stefan is growing on me now. When the show first premiered, I questioned the casting of Stefan. Paul Wesley reminded me too much of Pacey from Dawson's Creek. I didn't think that he was hot enough for the part of Stefan but as of late...have you seen Stefan and his upper body?  Cougar Town can never replace Friends as the ultimate half hour sitcom but it is filling that void since Friends went off the air. This show is hilarious. So many quirky things about it.  What keeps me watching is to find out if Jules and Grayson will ever hook up. I don't want to give anything away but if you need a show that you don't have to commit to one hour of your night, check out Wednesday nights at 9:30 pm (on CityTV if you are in Canada) or watch episodes here.

Fave Song of the week. Ever since watching this week's episode of Vampire Diaries, I have fallen in love with Marchin' On by One Republic. My hubby will probably claim that this is his song but I don't care. We always tend to argue over who found what song first. Since he claimed Secrets, I get to claim Marchin' On. The Timbaland version is pretty good too!





No longer procrastinating. I blogged about how I always keep on putting off things. Well, I have changed. I am a new person because I do not want to put my life on hold with small things I am not in the mood to deal with. I am dealing with it head on and as fast as I can to get it off my checklist. Hubby and I have re-financed our mortgage at a lower rate. I've upgraded my cell phone plan and finally got a new iPhone with 3GS (I'm in love with it and now I tweet on the go). I've downgraded our home phone line, we will only have one line with call display. I dropped off my renewal form at the passport office on Monday. Hopefully, I can keep this up and quickly get things done from my to-do list. I am following advice from The Happiness Project to just get those nagging tasks out of the way. As she promised, you will be happier with yourself!

Rings, rings and more rings. It's my new obsession. I can't get enough of them. I see big cocktail rings and I must have it. On my recent shopping trip to Forever XXI, I decided to broaden my collection by adding more than just gold rings. Here's what I picked up, all under six bucks:

This is my fave! If you are curious, I am wearing Cheeky Monkey polish in Social Climber.

This ring is a bit big. I bought the wrong size and it's final sale.


Lastly, don't forget to enter my Cheeky Monkey giveaway. Tomorrow is the last day. I am going to draw the name when I get home from Cupcake Camp. Good luck!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

how come you're not using my name in your blog anymore? :/