Friday, June 4, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday (actually done on a Friday)


1. My dream vacation would be to go to Bora Bora with my husband and stay in a villa above the ocean with glass floors (even though this may terrify me a bit). If you don't know what I am talking about, think of the movie, Couples Retreat or check out St. Regis Bora Bora.

2. The best trip I've ever taken was to Punta Cana, DR for my wedding in 2006. We had 50 people join us and although it was hard to spend time with everyone, there will never be another opportunity to be on a trip with all our family and friends. Plus, it was the last vacation I had with my brother.

3. The most important items to take on a road trip are gravol, a comfy big pillow and lots of snacks.

4. The next trip I'm looking forward to is Cayo Levantado, Samana, DR. I am actually leaving next Saturday. I look forward to every beach vacation because all I dream about is lying on a beach doing nothing.

5. If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be The Evolution of Robin Thicke by Robin Thicke. I would love to have a mix tape (CD) of all my favorite songs but I love all of Robin Thicke's song on this album, so I will settle for this. On a recent road trip to New Jersey, we blasted Glee Volume 1 and sang every single song at the top of our lungs.

6. The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling was...I have been lucky to never encounter a disaster (knock on wood).

7. My favorite traveling memory is the San Francisco trip I took with my brother in 2004. I think the last trip we took together was to visit our aunt in Edmonton in 1995. We didn't live together, so on this trip we got to see what it would be like to live under one roof. We also got to know a bit more about each other. One thing that sticks in my mind is the little notes he would leave under the door for me and my cousin telling us to wake up because he was awake and had nothing to do.  I loved shopping with my brother and just going out to eat. I treasure this trip with him because I will never get to travel with him again.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I want to get that Glee CD! Bora Bora would be so romantic! I am so sorry about your brother- it is nice you got to spend some time with him.

tris1978ton said...

Bora Bora sounds so good right now! And you know what? My best traveling memories have been in SF too. For some reason, I just LOVE that city!

Leesh said...

Hi Kate - thanks for leaving a comment. You need to get Volume 1 of Glee, it's so awesome and just fun to sing along with. I can't wait to check out your blog this weekend.