Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Memories: My brother

ga innout.jpg
Gino and I - San Francisco 2004

Tomorrow will be two years since my brother left us. I know it's only been two years but it seems like more. I sometimes can't believe that two years have already gone by. I do think about him every day but it's so strange how life just goes on. Often I do think about where he would be today, what he would be doing...but then I think about how maybe if I was there for him more that some of the choices he made in his life would lead him to still being with us today.

This week, I don't want to be sad and grieve again about my loss. Instead, I want to remember all the good times I had with Gino and how every time we got together, he would make me laugh. I hope that those who knew him can do the same this week...to not be sad that he is no longer with us but to remember what he brought to our lives.

1 comment:

Marz said...

I was really touched by this tribute to your brother. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun memories that you're laughing and smiling about this week as you celebrate Gino :) Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.