Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My two new favorite healthy loves

Now that I am off my detox diet, I have been looking for healthy snacks to stay on track. I felt really good the last few weeks with no severe stomach aches or pains. I plan to still lay off the fruits, carbs, red meat and dairy. Who knows what will happen when I am on vacation but for now, I will try to continue to eat healthy.


My two favorites at the moment


I found Vita Coco at Bulk Barn. So far, I have only tried the one with pineapple but am looking forward to trying the other flavors. Here's what coconut water does for you:
  • Helps keep the body cool and at the proper temperature.
  • Helps carry nutrients and oxygen to cells and boosts poor circulation.
  • Regulates the function of the intestine, helping promote smoother skin.
  • Helps replenish your body's fluids after exercising.
  • Helps detoxify your body and boost your immune system.
  • Helps ease stomach pains.


Yum, Lärabars. A little something that I keep in my purse for when I get hungry. It's much better than grabbing a chocolate bar. They are a blend of nuts, spices and fruit; each bar contains no more than eight ingredients (Yes, I know they contain fruit and I am trying to not eat fruit but I can't help it with these bars). The bonus is that they are gluten-free. My goal is to try out all the flavors and see what I like best.
  1. Cinnamon Roll
  2. Cashew Cookie
  3. Peanut Butter & Jelly
  4. Tropical Fruit Tart
  5. Peanut Butter Cookie
  6. Cherry Pie
  7. Chocolate Coconut (Cocoa Coconut Chew)
  8. Cocoa Mole
  9. Key Lime Pie
  10. Lemon Bar
  11. Banana Bread
  12. Pecan Pie
  13. Coconut Cream Pie
  14. Ginger Snap
  15. Pistachio
  16. Apple Pie
I'll do another post to let you know what my favorite flavors are. For now, I really like Cocoa Coconut Chew and Key Lime Pie.


Have you tried Vita Coco or Lärabars? 
Do you have a favorite?

4 comments:

Steph S C-O said...

mmm.love Vita Coco!!! I drink the plain one and it's really refreshing! Lara bars used to be my staple snack too. I like Cashew Cookie and Pistachio. Looking forward to seeing what other flavours you like!

Steph I said...

I love Lärabars too! My favourites are Key Lime and Lemon Bar. Not too big a fan of the Pecan Pie one, as that is a tad too sweet for me.

Looks like you did well on your detox! Yay you!

tris1978ton said...

You know I love Vita juices!

Aileen said...

Wow, i didn't know they had flavoured coconut water. I'll have to go buy some :) at bulk barn.
As for the bars, I like the key lime.