Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Randoms this week

Before I start to paint my nails, I should do a quick blog post. This week has been a busy week leading up to our annual vacation. Mike and I have had to do some last minute shopping and with work, tomorrow night is our association's biggest night, the End of Term gala. Over 1400 of our members will be attending a dinner with an after party at Vertical Restaurant on King.  Here's some random things I have been up to this week:

Weekend fun. For the first time in a long time, I actually did something on the weekend. Friday after work, I met Mike and Reggie for beers at a pub around the corner from our condo. I'm such a rookie because after a pint of Rickard's White, I was buzzed. We got home and I crashed before 10 pm. After two days of waking up at 5:00 am and working 10 hours days, I was hoping to sleep in but SOMEONE woke me up at 7:30 in the morning. I was pissed so I went to the gym. The afternoon was spent shopping and the evening was spent with Mike and Reggie again at Lucky Strike Lanes for Marah's birthday. It was great to see all my brother's friends. The last time I saw most of them was back in January for Andrew's housewarming party. Again, more beer drinking and then a late night McDonald's run. So bad but so good.  Sunday was dim sum with the Solons. I only ate a little and then Mike and I started packing when we got home. At night, we picked up my mom from the airport, checked out the cool, little bungalow she lives in and then finished off the night watching the MTV Movie Awards (Les Grossman is hilarious!). I did manage to squeeze in an awesome Sunday afternoon nap.

Toms Shoes. I bought my first pair over the weekend. I don't really love them but it was the only size 6 they had in the entire store. I bought them with the intention of thinking about it and seeing if I have anything to wear with them.  What do you think?

I much rather have the wedges that were just released or a more plain looking pair. Do you think I should be adventurous and keep these blue tangier vegan classics? Or return them and wait for these wedges to come into the stores?

Or...just get plain ones? In black or olive? I'm so confused. I won't do anything until I come back from vacay so any thoughts or comments are welcome.



Diet and exercise. I went off my detox on May 29th but I have managed to still watch what I eat. I am definitely still staying off dairy and starchy carbs and try to avoid red meats, fruits and sweets. I cave in once in a while but really limit my intake. I had to give in when Mike and I went to eat at Aquila with Pat & Danny (and their son Lucas, who we finally got to meet). We met P&D in Punta Cana back in 2003. We managed to keep in touch over the years and even share the same wedding anniversary day - June 7th. This little restaurant is so cute and we hope to go back again there for brunch. Let me share some photos with you:

Appetizer - Beef Tenderloin and Scallop with smoked salmon & caviar

Seafood Orzo

Lamb Chops

I forgot to take a photo of the Goat cheese Bruschetta and Pat's Chilean Sea Bass and our Tiramisu (by the time we got dessert, it was already dark). I was totally bad and ate a bunch of things I shouldn't have. I made sure that I worked out extra hard the next couple of days. Along with watching what I eat, I have been running on the treadmill, lifting some weights and doing pilates (sometimes twice a day because I do it at work during lunch and then when I get home). I have noticed I can sort of see my collarbone and I can almost touch my toes. It might not seem like much to you but it's a HUGE accomplishment for me.

I better get back to painting my nails. It's getting late and the damn buggers will still need some time to dry. Hopefully I can write one more post before I leave for vacay.  I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Is this food from Punta Cana??? Because if not you have to tell me where to go eat this... it looks too fantastic not for you to share where I can get good food that looks that nice.