Friday, July 16, 2010

David's Tea

David's Tea @ Yonge &; Eglinton

After I participated in a tea exchange and received tea from David's Tea, I have been wanting to go to one of their locations to pick up and try more tea. I finally made it to the Yonge & Eglinton location. Even though, on a very hot and sticky day with the store having no A/C, I left the store quite content with the service I received and the purchases I made.

I never got the name of the lovely lady who helped me select three different kinds of teas that I can enjoy at home. She gave me recommendations after I told her I can't have anything with payaya or passionfruit, I prefer green tea over black, I don't like vanilla but I do like citrus. After smelling several kinds of tea leaves and sipping on a sample of White Malibu, from their Summer Collection, I made my decision and went with Xanadu, Kyoto Cosmo and Crème Caramel Rooibos.


I had such a wonderful shopping experience and I can't wait to go back to try out more. For next time, I will only get 26 g instead of the usual 50 g so I can return more often to explore new flavours. I did tweet while I was in the store and I got a response from one of my friends telling me to try Coffee pu'erh and Forever Nuts.

If you are a fan of David's Tea, what are some of your favorite teas?

4 comments:

Steph I said...

I'm so glad you finally got to David's! I've had the Kyoto Cosmo from their Summer Collection a couple of times and thought you would like it too. It's very similar to Senchamental, except with cranberries rather than goji berries. It's been hard for me this summer to drink hot teas at home, so I've been enjoying them iced. I've made a couple of pitchers of iced tea with their Luscious Watermelon. So refreshing!

Leesh said...

Steph I: The saleslady tried to sell me the watermelon one that you mentioned but I am not a fan of watermelon. I really should try making some of the teas into iced tea.

We crank up the A/C so high in our condo at night so warm tea at before bed helps me fall asleep.

Steph S C-O said...

Coffee pu'erh and Exotica are my faves! I haven't been drinking tea lately because I'm paranoid and most of the aromas make me nauseas. I'll be ready in the fall though!!!
Glad you had a great experience! I yet have to visit a store!

Steph I said...

You should most definitely try making some iced tea. I think that Xanadu would be so delicious over ice!!!

Enjoy your new teas!