Sunday, July 18, 2010

Marben - Part 2

This time last year I had my first dining experience at Marben for Dee's birthday on a Friday night. We had such an awesome meal with their selection for Summerlicious. It was so good, we went again the following night.

I was quite disappointed to find out they were closing. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and I was in love with the art deco wall. I wish I had taken pictures from the times we were there.

I found out that Marben recently re-opened, fully renovated. So this past Friday, Dee and I decided to check it out. I arrived first and got to check the place out. It has really changed and looks very rustic. I am not a fan of it. The menu has changed drastically. Instead of having a good portion entrees, it's now a tapas menu. Don't get me wrong, the food we ate was delicious but not enough to make me want to come back. Plus, with the rustic style setting, it makes me feel like I am at a cottage and that's not my cup of tea.

 Newly renovated Marben

Marcus' Mushroom Fricassee

Dennis' Roasted Beef
(We also had Jesse's Halibut but Dee was hungry 
and started to eat it before I could take a picture)
I'm not planning to go back but I may consider it because we didn't get the chance to order Ervinna’s Ice Cream Sandwich - chocolate cookie, chocolate ice cream and crème anglaise.

No comments: