Friday, July 23, 2010

TGIF


One more hour of work. I have to send out five confirmation letters for our fall conference and then I can call it a day. I don't know about you, but this week dragged. I had stuff to do every day after work this week and have been going to bed late. This makes for a very irritable me. As usual, the weekend is going to fly by, I just know it.  I hope to savour each moment and hopefully squeeze in some nap time whenever I get a chance. Here's what I am planning to do this weekend...

Mr's Dee's birthday at Brassaii tonight. I really hope most of our friends come out because it's been too long since I last saw them.

***

Watch Ramona and Beezus with my mom. Yes, we may be too old to be watching it but Josh Duhamel and John Corbett are in it. Nuff said!!!

***

Sleepover at my mom's place. Yes, I am 33 but my mom is moving to California in 12 days. I will try and spend as much time with her as I can.

***

Baking Skor Bars. 10 batches of them for my mom's retirement party next week. I agreed to put together her giveaways. I don't think I fully understood what I was getting myself into.

***

Mommy Solon's birthday lunch with the Solon Massive. There will be longboarding. There will be vacation talk. There will be lots of eating and hopefully suntanning because lord knows someone needs it. Just kidding Dianne. Actually maybe not... It will be exciting to spend some time with this little guy since he is finally okay with me holding him.


***

Lastly, I hope to sneak in some ironing and reading. I am reading the latest Gossip Girl book, I Will Always Love You and I am quite enjoying it.

3 comments:

Marz said...

I wish I only had one more hour of work, I have TWO and this day has already been WAY too long as it is! ha

Your weekend plans sound amazing! I LOVE sleepover at my mom's :) I don't think you can ever be too old for that! :)

I'm a little sad because my family leaves tomorrow...I think I should check out Ramona and Beezus this weekend too for some cheering up. I have loved watching "Wizards of Waverly Place" with my niece and think Selena Gomez is adorable! Aiden and Tad Hamilton (haha I refer to them as my favourite characters they've played lol) in the same movie?!?! YES please! :)

I have never read the Gossip Girl books, but I do enjoy the show so I might just have to pick the series up! :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that you do get to sneak some nap time in! A good nap for myself is also on my weekend wish list!

tris1978ton said...

The kids are cute! Yes this week dragged on for me too. Need some weekend R&R.

Angie said...

Ohhh wow! Mom moving to California... now that sounds fantastic. How wonderful for her, how sucky for you... but the sleepover sounds exactly right to me, I would be doing the same thing.