Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bodega Restaurant

I need to stop. Beyond my control, my blog is turning into a foodie blog. Am I eating out too much? I am sure you readers don't mind looking at food photos, right? Well, this should be the last of the food posts for a while.

Two days in a row with company lunches. Although this time, it was a fun lunch, not a working lunch. It's the goodbye lunch for my boss at Bodega Restaurant. This is the second time I have eaten here and both times with work. It's a cute little restaurant on Baldwin Street with a patio that when the sun is out, you can tan while you eat. I have never seen the inside of the restaurant because my company seems to only like going here in the summer.

I was lucky that one of my coworkers, Jo was willing to share some appetizers with me. She is a hardcore vegetarian. She does not eat meat because she can't digest it and I think I may have the same problem. Whenever we have work events, both of us opt for the vegetarian meal or if we can swing it, the fish meal. Anyway, we both decided to each get the Chilled Calamari Salad and split on Panko Crusted Blue Crab Cakes and Seared Tomatoes. See, no meat and honestly, I was full and even enjoyed two bites of the Chocolate, Espresso & Bailey's Flourless Cake my boss ordered.


Panko Crusted Blue Crab Cakes

Chilled Calamari Salad

Seared Tomato 
(with feta cheese and crispy onion rings)

The food isn't anything spectacular, they use the basic ingredients but for the price you are paying, it's all very delicious. I really enjoy sitting on their patio with a glass of white wine. Before I end this post, I had to take a photo of my coworkers' dish because it looks so yummy:


Crispy Duck Confit Salad

1 comment:

The Food Junkie said...

Great pics, Leesh! Did you take them with your iPhone? And dun say this is post is your last food post for awhile! just post about food whenever you want! It's your blog :) keep it up.