Friday, August 6, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday (it's all about food)


1. Today for breakfast I ate blueberry yogurt with Archer Farms Pecan Sticky Bun granola.

2. My go to/never fail recipe is macaroni and cheese. I don't have an exact recipe, I just throw whatever cheese I have. No measurement, I just eyeball it. Homemade mac n cheese is awesome!

3. Something I eat that other people think is weird is champorado and dillis - champorado is a chocolate rice porridge and dillis is dried anchovies. Yes, it sounds disgusting but I love the sweet and salty combination. Not every filipinos eats this. My hubby doesn't, he didn't even know about it and he was born in the Philippines.

4. My worst cooking disaster ever was monkfish. My hubby and I bought it thinking that we were being different since it was during our fish phase. It turned all rubbery. The gross part was a few weeks later we saw what a monkfish looks like before it's all cut up. Never again will we ever buy or eat monkfish.

5. If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life it would be Ben & Jerry's If I Had a 1,000,000 flavours.

6. One food I hate and avoid at all costs is celery. I can't stand the taste and the texture.

7. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Breakfast! Or should I say brunch...especially if it's a brunch buffet. I love french toast, bacon, home fries, eggs overhard, rye toast, etc...

6 comments:

Luckie said...

glad you are enjoying your granola cereal - SD
wow after all these years - you still remember champorado and dilis

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Champorad and dilis. Yum! I love my dilis extra spicy. =) Have a happy weekend sweetie

Kyla Roma said...

Oh fun! This is mine:

One food I hate and avoid at all costs is: eggs. MAN do they freak me out!!

this is me. said...

omg! yes, i remember eating champorado and dilis when i was little. when i go home to l.a. to visit my parents, my mom still makes champorado - not very often, but no dilis cause it stinks the house :)

Marz said...

My mom is Filipino and she makes me champorado! But we always just called it chocolate rice so I didn't even know it actually had a "real" name! lol :)

witsandnuts said...

Hi there! Thank you for linking back to my post about champorado and dilis. I also like it. I am a big fan of breakfast as well. I can function properly without taking it. =)