Wednesday, August 11, 2010

High Tea at Windsor Arms

This afternoon, I went for high tea with my team, my ex-boss and my soon-to-be another ex-boss. Crazy huh? My current boss gave her two weeks notice last Friday and we are trying to come up with a plan for the fall since we could be without a director until late November. But this is not what my post is about, it's about having Complete High Tea at Windsor Arms. For $35 per person, we were treated to a glass of sparkling wine, loose leaf tea and sweet & savoury goodness.

top tier - petit fours

middle tier - fresh sandwiches
Smoked Salmon and Salmon Caviar with an Oven-Roasted Tomato Cream Cheese
Baby Greens with Asparagus, Cucumber Salsa and Chive Cream Cheese
Grilled Chicken with Citrus Essence

Bottom tier - Fresh Scones with Preserves and Devon Cream and 
Goat Cheese and Caramelized Shallot Tart

Everything was delicious. High tea is definitely something for girls to enjoy but too bad that it was relaxing for me because we were working throughout. I would like to go again with my own friends so we can lunch like ladies and gossip! I'm glad my first experience was paid for by the company.

Robin and I had to take a photo of this little lemon meringue 
because it was so cute and perfect.

3 comments:

Marz said...

I want to go to High Tea!! :) Everything looks so cute and fancy! It would be so much fun to go and have an adult tea party with your friends. I have a thing for finger foods so I have a feeling I would love this place!

The Food Junkie said...

Working throughout high tea?!?! Yes, you need to go again ASAP :D

Christine Korda said...

Thank you for such a beautiful review of our afternoon tea - great pictures too.



Christine Korda
Director of Communications & Special Events
Windsor Arms Hotel