Monday, August 16, 2010

Movie Review: Ramona and Beezus


Ramona and Beezus is based on Beverly Cleary's books. I don't believe I have even read one of her books but I wanted to see this movie for the cuteness factor of Miss Joey King as Ramona Quimby and the hotness of Josh Duhamel and John Corbett. I don't think there is one thing I disliked about this movie. I saw it with my mom and it is truly a feel good family movie - lots of love, laughter and tears of sadness and joy. Joey King is such a talented little girl, she steals the show. If you have a little sister, niece or goddaughter, I highly recommend taking her. She'll enjoy the movie and so will you with the eye candy.

On a side note, while I was watching, I totally envisioned that this is what life would be like if Carrie married Aiden in Sex and the City. I could see them settling into the 'burbs and raising kids. If you watched this movie, did you feel the same?

There are two scenes in the movie that I loved. I can't seem to find a clip or a photo of it but I will share my favorite parts without spoiling the movie. 1) When Ramona gets her school photo and 2) a conversation with Ramona and her older sister, Beatrice. Beatrice asks who could ever love a girl named Beezus...Ramona response - Jesus. This part cracks up me and my mom!!!

8 comments:

Celebrity Fashion Critic said...

I want to watch it, I'm into that kind of family stuff movies. :)
But I don't think Carrie could ever settle in the suburb, it's just not her. That's probably why it never worked out with Aiden. :D

Leesh said...

I totally agree with you about Carrie never moving to the surburbs but it is funny to imagine it.

Marz said...

I absolutely ADORED this movie! My bff and I took her niece to go see it a couple of weekends ago. It is such a feel good movie!
OMG I totally imagined that would exactly be Carrie's life if she had married Aiden!!!!! :) I have a hard time seeing John Corbett as anyone but Aiden so of course my mind wandered to that thought as well :) haha too funny that you should say that also! :) I LOVED his character in this movie. He played that role so perfectly, so sweetly! I pretty much love him in anything - he's def up there on my crush list :)
I love the relationship between Ramona and her Aunt Bea. I love the relationship I have with my Aunt Thess and I hope I am that kind of Aunt to my nieces :)

tris1978ton said...

Yes looks like a cute movie! Good for family too. Isn't Salina Gomez beautiful?

Steph I said...

Thanks for the review! Makes me want to see even more! I just watched SATC2 this past weekend and now I'm certain that I will heart Aidan, er John Corbett, forever.

Claire Kiefer said...

Okay so I read this post up until the last paragraph cause I haven't seen the movie yet! I'm sooooo excited to see it, cause Ramona books were my FAVORITE when I was a kid. Can't wait!!

Leesh said...

@Steph I - I am always torn between Aiden and Big. I love Aiden but Big is the better fit for Carrie. You know who I couldn't stand - the russian. He was bad for Carrie!!!

Becca said...

Aw, I loved the Ramona books! This looks so adorable.