Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer Shoes

Seeing that summer is almost over, I finally got my butt into gear to write up this post. Back in June, Solo Lisa posted her summer shoes, I thought it was a neat idea, and I hope she doesn't mind me copying her.

black sandals, IMPO | white gladiators, Report | purple flip flops, Ipanema (purchased in Dominican Republic)

beige cork sandals & black croc peep-toe pumps, both from Nine West

To make things a little interesting, let me share with you some shoes that I bought and returned or thought about buying. I am actually glad I returned the bronze ballet flats because although they were cool and can be folded in half to keep in your purse, they were really too small for my feet; I am also glad I returned the pair of Toms Shoes because again they were too small (I bought a 6 but I really need a 6.5) and I wasn't in love with the print. The Toms Wedges - I want them. I tried them on in the store, they had my size, not necessarily the print I want but I couldn't fork over $85 at the time. They are super comfortable though. Maybe next year.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Summer shoes are great, but I'm ready to move onto winter shoes!!

lisa said...

Hey Leesh! Thanks for the shout-out in this post--I don't mind you posting your summer shoes at all lol. It's probably safe to say that many of us have that pile of shoes by the door that never gets put away because they're worn so much. Your shoes are really cute. Props to you for being able to wear high heels in high temperatures--my feet swell a bit when it's too hot and heels aren't comfortable if I have to wear them all day.

Marz said...

I am in LOVE with your beige cork sandals!!!!! I desperately wish I could wear heels :( I seriously just need to purchase a pair and wear them all over my house and finally learn to walk in them! It's so sad I can't walk in high heels! :( Micaela makes fun of me all the time because to her the higher the better!
I really love all your shoes!!!

tris1978ton said...

Gosh love the beige sandals! Anything to lengthen my legs - hahahaha! And I love those gladiators. I don't have any :O( Is that a crime?

Claire Kiefer said...

Toms have been on my wish list for a while. I'm scared to order a pair without trying them on first cause I want to make sure they fit, but I'm gonna buy some next time I see them in a store! Those wedges look super cute, gotta say!

Leesh said...

@Claire Kiefer - I would definitely try Toms shows before buying online. I bought a 6 and returned it because I am really a 6.5. I heard that the canvas ends up stretching after some wear. It happened to my husband. The wedges though fit me better in a 6.5.

This is why I don't think I could ever buy shoes online unless they have an amazing return policy.