Friday, September 3, 2010

Blog Friend Friday: Meet Marianne from Royal Mail

I met Marianne through Fill in the Blank Friday over at the little things we do. She checked out my blog from the linky and then we started commenting on each others blogs. She is a sweet girl from Texas who has great heart. She adores her hubby, care deeply for her family and has a great love for seahorses. We have been exchanging very long emails recently and through these emails, I have gotten to know a bit more about this lovely girl. Check out her blog, Royal Mail. She talks about her family life, beach love and all the cool snail mail her receives from friends all over the world. She has a twin sister who also blogs (I have only started to read her blog so hopefully, she will appear on this series soon enough).


1) When and why did you start blogging?
I am a relatively new blogger having just started my blog in April of this year. My twin sister Micaela blogged and I lived vicariously through her blog before I started my own. She kept telling me I should start my own blog, but I never thought I'd be brave enough to post personal things out there for the whole world to see. In fact, when I originally started my blog I was just going to use it as a place to share the postcards I had received through postcrossing (hence my blog name Royal Mail - I'm obsessed with London), but it's become so much more than that. I love the friendships I have made, including with our sweet Leesh. I also love the creative outlet it gives me. I went to college to be a journalist. I had always dreamed of being a feature writer. Things did not go as I had planned - so blogging gives me a chance to stay true to my passion of writing and I'm grateful for that.

2) Where do you live? 
Wichita Falls, Texas (although I left my heart in London!)
 
3) What do you for a living and what do you do in your spare time when you are not blogging? 

I am a Media Buyer for an advertising agency. I am in charge of using our client's marketing budgets in the best and efficient way possible. I buy advertising space in all fashions of media - print, outdoor, television, radio, online etc. I also create marketing campaigns. When I am not blogging, you can find me at Buffalo Wild Wings playing trivia with my husband Philip, watching a movie, reading a book, or spending time with my amazing friends and family (I am almost always with my mom if I'm not at home!)

4) What is your favorite website to visit daily? 

Of course blogger, facebook, people.com, dear abby, glamour.com and youtube.com

5) What is your favorite vacation spot and why? 
London. For as long as I can remember I have been obsessed with this city I affectionately call my heaven on earth. Everything I loved growing up seemed to come from England. It was my teenage dream you could say. That British accent, the music, the movies and books I loved were all British. So I associated all of that with London. When I finally made it to London it was everything I had hoped and more. That has to be my number one vacation memory. One thing I love nearly as much as London is the beach. I have a love affair with the Sunshine State. Some of my happiest memories took place on the beaches of Florida. I would say Key West was one of my favourite vacation spots.

6) Name your top three favorite songs. 
ohhhhh this is a hard one!!! :) There are so many to choose from...."Pray" by Take That (reminds me of my childhood), "Mr. Brightside" by the Killers reminds me of London because it played in the pub on my first night there and anytime I hear it it takes me back to that magical moment! "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison. But there are soooo many others :)

7) Who is your favorite celebrity to stalk? 
Britney Spears. Without a doubt. I love her!

8) What's your favorite drink? 
Treetop Apple Juice and if we're talking about my favourite adult drink - apple martinis!!

9) What is your latest obsession? 
Neal Caffrey (aka Matt Bomer) on the TV series "White Collar." He's so stunningly beautiful and charming! I am looooving that show!

10) What would your last meal be? 
My mom's chicken adobo! It's delicious!

6 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Sounds like I need to go and visit Royal Mail's blog now. =)

The Girlie Blog said...

She's so cute, and so is her blog!

Steph I said...

I'm so excited about the return of Blog Friend Friday here!

Marz said...

Leesh!!!! Thank you SOOO much for featuring me - I feel so special and honored to be the first of your series :) I'm So glad you brought it back! :) I already have new readers of my blog all thanks to you :) I appreciate your friendship and I'm so glad we found each other :) xo

Micaela said...

leesh, she always talks about you and how sweet you are :) i love this feature on my twinkie but of course i'm probably bias ;) she is the best part of me.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your website in my social networks!