Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blogging


I just found out that one of my friends is going to take a more active role blogging. She is thinking about doing Life in Technicolor's 30 Day Blogging Challenge. I have another friend who is doing this same challenge. It makes me wonder if I should do it too...

My aunt also informed me that she is going to start blogging. She hasn't given me the go ahead to check out her blog but I found it. She has been reading my blog for almost a year now and has always talked about starting one up. Kudos for her to finally taking the plunge.

So, why do I blog?
  • I needed to find something, a hobby, to fill my time.
  • I wanted an outlet for my thoughts.
  • I thought blogging would be a great way to communicate with friends, rather than telling the same story or info over and over again.
  • I enjoy meeting bloggers from all over the world.
  • I find bloggers with the same interests as me and we communicate over comments and emails.
  • I get all giddy when new people follow me and even when they comment on my posts.
  • I keep my mother in the loop of what's going in my life since she has recently moved to the West coast.
  • I have memories written on my blog so I won't forget them.
  • I love being part of the blogging community. 

Why do you blog?

7 comments:

Maureen said...

I blog cuz of u! :)
oh and I express what I want to say by not actually "saying" it...

The Food Junkie said...

I blog because I have too many pictures of food and I want to share them with other ppl =)

JMJE said...

I blog as a hobby and a way of sharing my adventures in cooking and arts and crafts.

Steph I said...

You should try the 30-Day Challenge – it's fun and I'm really enjoying it! It gets hard because of schedules and life in general, but I have a confession to make: if I find that I have the spare time, I'll write a few posts in advance and schedule the publish date and time so that nothing is missed. Why do I blog? For all the same reasons you do, except for the keeping your mom in the loop reason ;o)

Luckie said...

Thank you for including me in the loop. Every morning i start my day
having breakfast and reading your blog - like the morning paper.

Elisse said...

I blogged initially to have an outlet, and as I met more bloggers (like you) the reasons grew and grew!

reni said...

just went to "life in technicolor" - i'm interested in doing the blog challenge, too. it's a little too long for me, especially that it's day by day. i just finished a "this is me photo challenge" which was a little easier because i could clump however many photos i can in one post. let me know if you're doing it!