Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Love Potions


When I think of Jamaica, I think of my favorite bartender at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton and how Sedrick got us drunk one morning with "his drink" - Love Potion. When we first started drinking Tuesday morning, it was with mimosas (we pretty much started every morning at 10 am after breakfast with a mimosa), then Red Stripe beer. We got daring and asked for a Dirty Banana. Then came the Love Potions, one after another, after another until Ms Lyn got sick. I'll spare you from the gross but hilarious details because I don't want to embarrass my drinking partner. Let's just say after all this drinking on a Tuesday, the following day, we took it easy. Part of the reason was Sedrick was off on Wednesday.  We were disappointed that we wouldn't get to see our favorite bartender but we did make friends with another one, Oneal. He got kicks from the fact that we were always ordering drinks for ourselves but water for our husband/boyfriend.

Thursday comes rolling along and Sedrick is nowhere to be found. He is not at our usual bar. Later on in the afternoon, we find him at the pool bar. We catch his attention and he starts yelling "LADIES..." and begins to mix up his Love Potion for us. Many Love Potions and a pool dance later, we find him at the bar again with more drinks waiting for us. He asks Ms Lyn and I, "Ladies, I have been making you my Love Potion all week. Now tell me, have you fallen in love with me yet???" - Isn't that the most adorable line you have ever heard in your entire life? It's not a sleazy pick up line, it's not a turn off. We had to respond, "Yes and that is why we want to take a picture with you!!!"

Sadly, he never asked for our names. He just knew us by face and greeted us with a smile and love potions every day. We noticed that he did have other groupies so we knew not to feel so special. On our last day, we were upset and disappointed that we didn't get to see him to say goodbye. It was his day off. Who knew that a bartender could make your vacation just that much fun???

5 comments:

JMJE said...

Nice, I wonder what's in a love potion. I don't think I could have handled more than a couple.

Marz said...

I KNOW exactly what you mean!!! On our honeymoon Philip and I took a cruise to the Bahamas and I just LOVED one of our waiters. He was also from the Philippines and I also had to take my photo with him :) I just adored him! I looked forward to seeing him just as you did with Sedrick! And I was sad when the cruise was over and sad to say bye to him. It's true, a special bartender or waiter truly can make your vacation so much better! :) Love the photo :) I really want a love potion now :)

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I've always had a great time in Jamaica and the people you meet on any vacation can really enhance the experience.

The Girlie Blog said...

Oooooooooooh I'd love to get some of that love potion too!

Sedrick ruddock said...

It's sedrick am happy y'all enjoyed the vacation