Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Memories: Sanrio Stuff

Remember way back when you couldn't get Sanrio stuff in Canada (well, maybe in Vancouver and maybe even in Toronto - but I grew up in Whitehorse)? I would anxiously wait for a package to be sent to me from my cousin in the States or wait for someone from the Philippines to visit so that I could receive some cool Sanrio treats - anything from stationary, pillows, picture frames, photo albums, pens, pencils, etc...







Did you have a favorite Sanrio character?
Mine was Keroppi.

6 comments:

Steph said...

Great Monday Memory! Keroppi was big at my school, but I always loved Pochacco.

Ai said...

Hello Kitty but I also had Keroppi, Pochacco and Bad maru. And we love buying Hello Kitty stuff for Kate now! Haha, hubby has a stuffed Hello Kitty hanging in his truck above Kate's car seat.

this is me. said...

how can i forget?! i spent over $50 early this spring for my nieces as a present - of course, i ended up with a hello kitty luggage tag for myself! never too old for these things! :)

The Food Junkie said...

I ♥ Hello Kitty! Especially when they do collaborations with other characters (such as Tokidoki). Can't wait to get my hands on this: http://www.tokyohive.com/2010/09/hello-kitty-to-collaborate-with-sesame-street/

Hopefully my friend can get me those when she goes to Japan in October =)

Elisse said...

I still got Sanrio issues :P

Loved Little Twin Stars, but I think Kuromi is cute/evil now :)

Maureen said...

Batz maru was my Dave. Still have some of this branded stuff. Apparently when I pout I look like him. Haha.