Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Movie Review: The Town


I don't know why I watched two heist/bank robbery movies back to back but The Town is much better than Takers. Sure, Takers had the hot guys in it but The Town has more of a story and Ben Affleck. Take a look at this one scene that lasted only about five seconds. I would have liked at least five minutes of this...


Back to the movie...Ben Affleck co-wrote, directed and starred in The Town. He plays Doug McRay, a thief who wants to change his life around and get out of Charlestown. When something goes wrong at the end of the first robbery, Doug decides to accidentally bump into the bank manager they took as a hostage. He starts to develop a relationship with her and that's when all the trouble begins. Throughout the movie, you see the relationships (past and current) that Doug has with the people he grew up with and also the developing one with the bank manager. He opens up to her about his life that he would never normally talk about. As he finally decides to move on with his life and leave Charlestown, there's one last job he must do...but things get a little messy.

Not expecting much from the movie but hearing rave reviews about it, I was quite pleased with what I saw. There were emotions, lots of shooting and revealing answers to the questions that Doug has been searching for his entire life. I highly recommend watching this movie, if anything, do it just to see Ben's abs of steel for a mere couple of seconds. It's worth it, trust me!

9 comments:

Steph I said...

Wow! Thanks for the review and especially for the pic. I've always had a thing for Ben Affleck.

The Food Junkie said...

Those are some crazy abs! Looking forward to watching the movie even more now LOL!

sweetmarie said...

I've been wanting to watch this. The only thing holding me back is Blake Lively. I don't think she's a very good actress.

The Girlie Blog said...

I would love to see this movie. Ben Affleck is still a hottie!

this is me. said...

good to know. but i think i'm still gonna watch the takers with the girls - after all you said, there's lots of hot guys! :) i started my 30-day challenge today.

Maureen said...

woh! look at his abs!! WOW WOW!

JMJE said...

I'm moderately in love with Ben Affleck so I think I should maybe see this.

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I'm really still stunned at how buff Ben Affleck is. I really didn't realize...

Angie said...

I don't know how I missed this review, but I SAW THIS!! and OMFG! It was such an awesome movie, I can't stop talking about how fantastic it is! And not just that ab scene but his love scene was HOT!