Friday, October 8, 2010

Blog Friend Friday: Meet the Lisa from The Hip & Urban Girl's Guide

I came across the HUG blog by fluke on Twitter. I started following @HipUrbanGirl and next thing you know, Lisa is inviting me to the Hip & Urban Girl parties. Unfortunately, I have not been able to attend one yet but she did invite me to a tweet up dinner she organized. I thank her for the invite because I met other bloggers and tweeters. Gotta love social media!

Let me share with you a funny story about the first time I met Lisa in person. I was at the Thompson Hotel lobby bar with Mr. Dee and I saw Lisa talking to someone on the other side of the bar in front of Scarpetta. As geeky as I am, I tweeted her to say that I could see her and that I was on the other side of the bar. A bit stalker-ish huh? She came over to introduce herself and her husband. It's always nice to finally meet a fellow blogger/tweeter in person.

Make a point to check out The Hip & Urban Girl's Guide. They throw awesome parties and have up to date news and events in the Toronto area.


1) When and why did you start blogging?
I started in January 2010 with just a regular old blog.  My friend Wendy and I collaborated our two blogs to form, The Hip & Urban Girl's Guide @ http://www.hipurbangirl.com.  We are a blog focused on positivity and lifestyle for women ages 25-35.  Our topic range from food, travel, events and style. We also host our unique networking events.  We got serious about our blog in April and hired a web designer to clean up our template.  We had our official website launch in June 2010 and have been growing very quickly.
 
2) Where do you live?
I live on the Danforth in Toronto
 
3) What do you for a living and what do you do in your spare time when you are not blogging?
I am a full-time wedding DJ and own my company called hello DJ! @ http://www.helloDJ.ca  I keep busy DJ-ing around 40-50 weddings a year.  It's definitely an interesting job and I love the flexibility of working for myself.  I make sure to only work with the best clients, so it never feels like anything but fun.
 
4) What is your favorite website to visit daily?
Twitter - I think I'm a social media addict.  I need to ween myself off it.
 
5) What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
Oh this is so hard.  But I think Hawaii takes the cake.  It's a beautiful, lush island full of friendly people, great food and amazing beaches.  I love being near the water, lying on a beach and just vegging out.  City vacations to New York City are also fun, but I feel like I can truly unwind on a vacation to Hawaii.
 
6) Name your top three favorite songs.
Mo Money, Mo Problems, Notorious BIG
Number One, Goldfrapp
Crazy In Love, Beyonce 
 
7) Who is your favorite celebrity to stalk?
The entire cast of The Hills, it's just fascinating...sort of like a train wreck where I can't stop looking.
 
8) What's your favorite drink?
Champagne!
 
9) What is your latest obsession?
Google Analytics.  I check every day as we grow our blog into a full-fledged lifestyle magazine.
 
10) What would your last meal be?
Dim Sum - every single type please.

2 comments:

Lisa Ng said...

Awwww thanks for the feature!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Great interview! Happy Thanksgiving xo