Saturday, October 16, 2010

happy 101

I have been awarded and tagged by the adorable Nikolett over at better than coffee. Although I received this award mid-week, I wanted to take my time and think about what I wanted to write about.

Rules for happy 101 award:
1. Post who gave you this award.
2. State ten things you like.
3. Give this award to 10 other bloggers and notify them with a comment.


1. Receiving snail mail | This brings a huge smile on my face when I receive a letter or package at home or even at work. I sometimes get packages sent to my work because it's a welcoming break in the day to tear open the box and discover the contents. I honestly think that if more people sent letters, postcards or packages by snail mail, this world would be a happier place.

2. When things at work go your way | As part of my job, I have to find lawyers who are available to speak at our programs. I get ubër excited when someone accepts my last minute invitation. I love when I get what I want from vendors or when I can strike a good deal. These little things make me yell at the top of my lungs at my desk. If I had a bell, I would definitely ring it!

3. Clean sink, happy home | It's the new rule in our household and it truly works. Last night, we left dirty dishes in the sink and my husband was extremely grumpy when he woke up in the morning.

I Feel Better by user8289977

4. Music that picks you up | There are certain songs I need to listen to in the morning so I feel good and ready to face the day. I really should make a play list so I can listen to it every morning on my commute into the city. One song that I must listen to is I Feel Better by Hot Chip.

5. Bright, bold lipstick | With the dreary winter quickly approaching, bright, bold lipstick makes me look more alive, rather than drabby. Orange, Hot pink, Red, Plum...take your pick.

6. Juicy, dramatic cliffhangers | As much as I hate being left wondering what will happen next, I love hanging off the edge of my seat, watching every moment of a juicy cliffhanger. I don't mind a cliffhanger at the end of an episode but please don't throw one in a season finale. I can't wait a couple of months to find out what happens. Don't torture me. Watching Katherine in Vampire Diaries confuse the whole town definitely had my mouth wide open with shock.

7. Upcoming vacays | I like counting down the days to my next vacation. I have a counter on my iPhone. We leave for San Francisco/San Jose in 27 days. I have been planning with my mom and cousin all the things Mike and I are going to do. We have some tourist traps we will be visiting and have a huge list of restaurants we want to try. I love researching and make an itinerary. On our list of touristy places - Alcatraz, Winchester Mystery House, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf, SF Moma, Ferry Building Marketplace and Santana Row. As for our list of restaurants - that I will not share until we come back.


8. Massages | I am due for one. After I work the next two Saturdays, I will definitely schedule one. I found a new RMT, who worked my neck and shoulders until it burned like fire. I questioned her technique and pressure but she informed me that I had many knots and was extremely tense. The next day, I found myself sitting straight and standing tall. I had an overall good feeling and even had a hop to my step. I look forward to my next massage.

9. Icy, cold beer | Summer time, stress time, weekend, weekday...any day is perfect for a nice cold beer. Beer is the only alcoholic beverage I can drink at the moment. Cocktails are too sweet for me and wine gave me that annoying headache.

10. Lists | I'm a list girl. I like making lists to keep my life in order. I forget a lot of things and there is also a lot going on in this little head of mine. I make lists upon lists like: grocery list, music and iPhone apps I want to buy, things to do, blog ideas, TV shows I watch, resorts I want to go to, books I want to read...the list goes on and on.

Now I must tag 10 bloggers. Sorry if I am tagging you again but it will give you something to blog about and you also get the award. If you are not up for this...no worries, I won't be offended but check out these other blogs who I have tagged and awarded:


P.S. - if I didn't tag you, it doesn't mean that I don't have love for you.

10 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Receiving snail mail makes me happy too. The fact that someone took the time to actually write something and send it really means a lot. Oh and lipsticks....I am crazy for cherry red lipstick. Have a great weekend sweetie!

this is me. said...

awww. thanks! santana row is a lot different than it was a few years ago, oh and if you like ice cream, girardhellis (i think i spelled it wrong) is the bomb! they had it in vegas, it wasn't the same. :(

Lin said...

I love snail mail. I hate that it's become a thing of the past. Getting a note in the mail always puts a smile on my face, maybe a little cheesy but whatevs.

Thanks for tagging me!

The Girlie Blog said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the tag! Oh Vampire Diaries! I am so stoked for next week's episode!

Kathy said...

Love the banner on your blog!

Maureen said...

i'm so jealous of your SanFran/San Jose trip! i love it there... love Santana Row. i'm so due for a massage as well... see you in a couple of ours for dimsum yum yum!

Nikolett said...

Aww yay, thanks for doing this! Love your list - snail mail is A+, and I'm a wee bit jealous about your upcoming vacation, sounds amazing! :)

Steph I said...

A surprise in snail mail is the best. And, as much as cliffhangers really get my blood boiling, I've come to realize that all the fun is in the anticipation in getting to see what happens next.

Thanks for tagging me Leesh! I'll just need a few days to think of what I'm going to do with it...

Elisse said...

Thanks for the award you're so sweet!

I'm such a huge fan of snail mail, especially since I've been signing up for swaps via blogging!

JMJE said...

Thanks for tagging me. I love recieving snail mail (which hardly every happens). I also like making lists (and spreadhseet lists, I'm cool like that).