Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Memories: Fraggle Rock


This Monday Memory comes from a conversation on the weekend at my work conference. Our guest speaker was the host from a daily talk program on CBC. I told my coworker that I don't watch anything on CBC (a Canadian channel) and the last time I did was when I was in grade school. The show that I use to watch was Fraggle Rock. I dislike this show for two reasons: 1) It, to this day, freaks me out. The Gorgs who lived above Fraggle Rock are strange looking and same with all the other characters on the show and; 2) the show was on Sunday nights at 7:30 pm. It was an indication to me that my weekend was over and there was school the next day. Also, it was the last show that was allowed to be watched before bed. It makes me miserable when I think of this show. Bedtime and school will forever be associated with it.

To my American blogger friends, sorry if you have no idea what I am talking about.

6 comments:

becca. said...

We had this show in America too. I grew up watching it. Sorry you disliked it!!

Mrs. Parker said...

I definitely know Fraggle Rock -- sad you dislike it! It was one of my favorite shows growning up.

mindlessdrivl said...

omg loved fraggle rock! used to come home and watch it every day after school.

some friends and i were talking about old school shows - remember Manimal?!? hahah

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I used to watch this show all the time! lol

Aileen said...

I loved this show! I even had the books and I am trying to find them so our little girl can read them :)

Steph said...

these muppets were quite frightening, so I never really watched it either. I do remember that this show would mean that the weekend was winding down.

I will say that I LOVE the theme song. It's so happy and clappy.