Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Randoms this week (10.05)

I have some time while I am watching Glee. I hope it's good tonight because I really enjoyed last week. I miss One Tree Hill every week to watch Glee in real time.

***

For the past couple of days, my hubby and I are trying to have a clean sink before we go to bed.  Every night when he turns off the light in the kitchen he says, "Clean sink = Happy home".  I love it!!! And honestly, it's nice to go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning to a sink that's not full of dirty dishes.

***


Last week, I made some White Chocolate Pecan Cranberry Squares. This was at the request of my hubby because everything I make always has milk chocolate and he wanted something with white chocolate. I have to tell you that these squares are delicious. I brought some into work and everyone enjoyed them.

***

One of my colleagues will be getting married this weekend. I was asked on Thursday to order some food and get champagne to toast her on her big day. I love ordering hors d'oeuvres when I am not paying for them!





***
 
On the way into work this morning, my GO train station, Port Credit had a Customer Appreciation Day. All commuters were treated to breakfast (I chose a cinnamon bun) and a gift bag. I was pretty impressed with the contents of the reusable bag they handed out. Don't you love getting free stuff, even if it's promotional stuff?


P.S. thanks for everyone who complimented on my banner/blog header. I had to change it because I was embarrassed of my old banner mentioned on Life in Technicolor. Luckily, I came across a recent post from the little things we do on how to make a photo collage blog header.

BTW... I had difficulty choosing between compliment and complement in the last paragraph so I had to google it (found this on hubpages.com):

Although the words are pronounced the same, they have very different meanings. When you compliment someone, you are giving them praise; while complement represents completing or making something perfect. You can remember this by the word with the "e" also means complete. Complement = complete. Here are a few examples:
  • I complimented her on her beautiful gown.
  • Her gown complemented her earrings perfectly.
  • The dancer received many compliments for her beauty and grace on stage.
  • The music was a perfect complement to her dancing style.

8 comments:

my name is lauren. said...

the new blog header looks great!

nice job girl :).

oh...and those little hordevures (or however that's spelled) look delicious! way better than the food that gets brought in at my work... cupcakes out of a box generally. bleh!

Steph I said...

I strive to have a clean sink every night too. It gives me a sense of calm, which is especially nice in the morning when I'm rushing out the door!

Steph S C-O said...

Mmmmm....those squares look yummy!!! I wonder how they would taste with dark chocolate.... And yes, I'm hinting. Hehe :)

The Girlie Blog said...

Haha! Thanks for the tutorial on "Compliment vs. Complement". I have problems with them too.

Those square deserts look delicious!

Good luck going to the bed with a clean sink! My husband tried to convert me into a "clean sinker"...he failed :O(

Maureen said...

Hot new header!!!

Omg! The finger foods look fricken good. That's nice of you guys to do a little something!

Lin said...

I'm totally diggin' your new header, it's really cute! I have to admit I'm one of those people who always leave the dishes for later & I hate it. I love to see a clean sink so maybe I'll start going by your husbands motto :)

Elisse said...

The GO Train freebies look good and actually useful! It that a GO train wallet?

Micaela said...

you are so cute! of course marianne is always telling me so :) i LOVE that your mom made your wonder woman costume because it's better than any i've seen to buy. seriously! i just posted that blog post and you should read my comment... HA! seriously, too funny.

i really want some white choc pecan cranberry squares now! they look delish! and i think if your husband can't go to your colleague's wedding with you, i'll HAPPILY be your date! :) great hors d'oeuvre taste :)

xoxo