Friday, November 5, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday (Hair Edition)


1.   My last haircut was October 12th. I only get trims and refuse to cut my hair until I am pregnant. It's my running joke, everyone will know that I am pregnant when I cut my hair short. 

2.  My most daring hair moment was
when I had really, really long hair. I chopped it all off, practically to a pixie cut and dyed it blonde. This was back in 2001. I recently showed my hairstylist the before and after photo and he was pretty shocked. Even though he was the one that cut and coloured it, he didn't remember at all. Now he can't wait for the day that I come into the salon and say "Chop it all off!"    

3.  A hairstyle I'd never be brave enough to try is a shaved head. I have pretty much had everything - long hair, short hair, pixie, bob, the "Rachel", angled bob, layers, curly, straight, bangs, side bangs, middle part, side part, etc...I don't think there is anything I haven't done.    

4.  I've always dreamt of being a (blonde, brunette or red-head) red-head, although I have had as red of hair as an Asian can get. I have had blonde, brown, black, blonde with red streaks, black with red streaks. Again, I have had every colour I can think of.

5.  My go-to hair do is a high loose bun piled on the top of my head. All my hair is out of my face.

6.  My biggest hair disaster was when I permed it. It just doesn't work for my type of hair.    

7.  A hairstyle I am dying to try is
a double french braid, twisted at the back. Oh wait, my mom did do this for me for a wedding last year. 

8.  My best hair day was early this year when I decided to cut bangs and dye my hair black. It's the photo that is under the About Me tab on my blog.    

9.  The worst hairstyle I ever had was when I was in grade four. I had a boy haircut with a rat's tail.

10.  My hair is your typical Asian hair - long, straight and very fine.
I am sorry that I don't have any photos to share with you. I have had so many hairstyles and colours but all of them are hardcopy photos.  Maybe in a future post, I will scan photos and then you can see what I am talking about.

2 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

I love how you mentioned "The Rachel"--haha! I'd forgotten about that!

The Girlie Blog said...

I love this post! Nice to know all the hair trivia about you. I've had similar hair disaster stories.