Friday, November 26, 2010

Fill in the Blank Fridays (Christmas shopping edition)

I've missed two Fill in the Blank Fridays in a row because I was on vacation. I'm glad to be participating once again. If you would like to play along, don't forget to link up your post to Lauren's blog.


1. Black Friday is foreign to me. Since I live in Canada, we don't have a shopping frenzy like in the States. I would love to experience it though once in my lifetime.

2. Christmas shopping this year will include gifts for all the nieces, nephews and godchildren. Also lots of Kris Kringle and gift exchanges.

3. Holiday shopping makes me crazy. This is the first year in two years that my hubby and I will be in town for Christmas. We normally skip Christmas and getaway to a hot, sunny destination.

4. This year my Christmas list will include Modern Family (season 1), a snuggie, nail polish, slipper booties, a 2011 moleskine agenda (I've heard many good things about it from Steph and Elisse), and gift cards from Sephora, Forever XXI, Starbucks, H & M or Lush.

5. Bargain hunter, or full price shopper? Bargain hunter for sure!

6. The best and worst things about shopping is best things - secretly shopping for myself and getting some exercise by walking around. Worst things - crowds, crowds and more crowds.

7. Online shopper or in-person shopper? In-person shopper. I need to see things for myself, I need to touch it, feel it, etc. But I think I would like to give online shopping a go. There's something about shopping from the comfort of your own home.
 
***
 
Happy Friday everyone! It's hella early in the morning. I started work before 7 am today. I am hoping to get out of here early so I can get cracking on some shopping. Luckily, I don't have too many more gifts to buy. I bought some of them while I was in California. After some shopping, I will do some baking tonight and then tomorrow is a busy day filled with parties. Sunday is my day of rest but I plan to finish unpacking, write some Christmas cards and of course, prepare some blog posts! Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

mindlessdrivl said...

I would love to be a bargan shopper but I seriously can't take the disorganization in the stores! That's why I hate Winners or Ross or TJ Maxx because the chaos confuses and angers me that I end up paying full price in a store where everything is lined up and nicely organized. Am I weird or what? :p

this is me. said...

i love how you were able to tie exercising and shopping! i love it!

Lin said...

I think everyone needs to experience Black Friday just so they can say they did it & they'll never ever do it again, lol. It's insane! I also prefer in person shopping. I've only bought a handful of items online, never any clothes though cause I'm always afraid it wont fit lol.

Elisse said...

You've been talking about getting a Snuggie since your SF trip! Hope you find one under the Christmas tree this year!