Friday, December 3, 2010

Blog Friend Friday: Meet Micaela from Dolce Vita


I met the beautiful Micaela through her twin sister, Marianne. Micaela recently got married and probably surprised most of us in the blogging community. What is super sweet is that the wedding took place over Thanksgiving weekend in front of her family and her father was the one who married her and her new hubby. Her blog, Dolce Vita, is full of creativity. There you will discover her love for etsy, the lovely packages she sends out and her cute series like Wanting to Know You Wens.


1) When and why did you start blogging?
September 2008, right after two big life changes: the end of a relationship that i thought was the one and a career i thought was my dream job. (what a time to decide to blog right? ha) but my reason for blogging has always been to wear my heart on my sleeve. I don't shy away from writing about personal heartache/doubts laced in with the simple pleasures of life. I always hope that if someone should ever find themselves where i have been... perhaps they'll feel less alone. I love connecting with people which is ultimately why i blog. I even met my best friend through this wonderful world we've created.

2) Where do you live?
i am a Texas girl who followed my heart to Virginia to be with my fiance Max last January. It is after all, the "state for lovers."

3) What do you for a living and what do you do in your spare time when you are not blogging?
right now i'm doing something fun - finding homes for puppies. It's my passion (i have 3 dog babies who are my spoiled little girls!) and though it's not in my degree field (Mass Communications/Public Relations) at least it fills my heart with joy each time i get puppy kisses or find a dog a home. In my spare time i love nothing more than going to my favorite antique shop in our charming downtown (i love all things vintage!), writing what i call "love letters" to my pen pals/blog friends, having movie dates with myself in my pajamas, or having coffee dates with Max.

4) What is your favorite website to visit daily? 
besides blogger, postcrossing.com and i have a serious addiction to etsy.com (as my bank will reflect! ha)

5) What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
Italy. I spent summers there in college and it changed my life. I was 19 and lived and loved under the Tuscan sun. I remember when i first saw Venice, i promised myself i would never return until i had someone to share it with that i loved. I can't wait to take Max there! Italy also means my little baby nieces who are my favorite.

6) Name your top three favorite songs.
"The Scientist" by Coldplay (gets me every single time!), "Just like Heaven" by the Cure makes me smile, and "Last Days of Disco" by my favorite singer and forever crush Robbie Williams gets me going in the morning when i'm half asleep and on my way to work.

7) Who is your favorite celebrity to stalk?
ha, see above-- ROBBIE WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!! i have loved him since i was 10 :) and my fiance is okay with that lol when he got married, i had blog friends send me the UK magazine. See how happy it made me?


8) What's your favorite drink?
COFFEE. i'm addicted and can't start my morning without it. alcoholic drink? cosmopolitans though jack has always been good to me, mixed with diet coke. :)

9) What is your latest obsession?
colby jack cheese and vintage brooches

10) What would your last meal be?
anything by my Mom. ANYTHING. being away from home for the first time has made me miss it even more.

1 comment:

Marz said...

Awww warms my heart to see one of my favourite blog friends (you darling!) sharing my favourite girl (my twinkie!) with the world :) I miss you both so much! Leesh it feels like ages since we've talked :( but I think of you so often! xo