Friday, December 3, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday (holiday edition)

Who doesn't love it when they see Lauren's Fill in the Blank Friday post? It's a great indication that the weekend is finally here. I am not sure about you but last night my hubby and I were talking about how fast this week went. Great that the weekend comes quickly but bad because that means December is going to fly by and then we are into 2011. Don't forget to join in the fun! Have a good weekend everyone!

{photo from weheartit via this tumblr}

1. Holiday spirit is foreign to me. It's been years since I got into the holiday spirit but I love the whole concept of it.

2. The holidays are incomplete without holiday movies, music and lights. And parties.

3. My favorite things to do around the holidays is relax. My office is closed from Christmas to New Years so I take that opportunity to have some "me time".

4. A holiday tradition my family and I have is well, my hubby and I made a new tradition of spending Christmas down south. Since I am not a big fan of the holiday season, we skip Christmas and head down to an island to soak up some sun. This year, we will be home but next year, we will be away for sure!

5. Holiday music is awesome. I love Last Christmas by Wham and All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey. I also love *NSYNC's rendition of O Holy Night. It brings years to my eyes. Lately, when my hubby and I are sitting at our desk in our den, we listen to Christmas remixes while we blog.

6. This year, I'll be spending the holidays with family in the city. Christmas brunch with my dad and Christmas dinner with my in-laws. Now we just have to figure out what we are going to go on Christmas Eve.

7. Holiday wish list includes gift cards for LUSH, Forever XXI and H & M, Modern Family or Sons of Anarchy boxed set and nail polish.

8 comments:

Kimiko said...

I think I might have to add some of those Lush gift cards to my list too:)

Marah said...

great answers! i'm your newest follower from fill in the blank friday!

i'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow back!

http://diaryofadevildogwife.blogspot.com

Marz said...

It's kinda sad, but it's been years since Philip and I have put up our Christmas tree. I just enjoy the tree at my mom's house. She has so many Christmas decorations that it's enough just to go over there and enjoy them :) I LOVE pop holiday music! I also love your favourites "Last Christmas" by Wham, "All I want for Christmas is You" Mariah - which I swear I listened to five times just today! I also love Mariah's "O Holy Night." Add Bon Jovi's "I'll Be Home for christmas" and of course - Britney's "My Only Wish This Year" :) I wish Philip and I could adopt you and your hubby's holiday tradition. After the stressful week I have had I would love to head down south and get away from it all! TGIF! Hope you have a good weekend Leesh!

Angie said...

why don't you do Christmas Eve at home just the 2 of you, candlelit, make it special get dressed up, get naked... do it up! Make it a new memory for when those vacations down south aren't possible... cook a fun little dinner, or only eat like hors d'oeuvres from PC pop them in the oven, sit on the couch, on the floor wrapped in blankets or each other feast smally so it doesn't bother your next day feasting.... and just enjoy love on that day!

Sandy a la Mode said...

yes yes yes!! mariah's christmas album is simply THE BEST!!!! xoxo

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I am more in the Christmas spirit this year than I have been for many years. I think it's because I finally started early and didn't feel as overwhelmed. Although a beach would be nice, too!

Nikolett said...

Ahh I'd love to just fly down south for the holidays each year - don't be surprised if you can't fit anything into your luggage next year since I'll probably be in there (that just sounds creepy, doesn't it?). And I love your holiday music choices, Wham is classic!

Maureen said...

BAH HUMBUG! my lack of Christmas spirit is exactly why i didn't complete this holiday addition of FITBF.

maybe next year, i can join you down south!