Wednesday, December 8, 2010

happy birthday to ME!

Yup, that's right...today is my birthday. Today I turn 30-something. Not a significant birthday but it's still a celebration of the day I was born.

One of my best friends doesn't believe in celebrating before your actual birthday but due to my dad's schedule and mine, we had to go out for dinner the day before. My dad and his companion took Mike and I out for dinner. I was treated to two free birthday dessert. We ate one frozen key lime pie (it was awesome, the graham crust was delicious) and took the other one home.  I also received a gigantic present - I Love Bathing gift set from Lush. It was filled with bubble bars and bath bombs. It's like heaven to me.


Earlier today, after I went for my eyebrow waxing, I treated myself to a birthday present. I finally purchased a Tom Ford Private Collection lipstick in Smoke Red. I have been eyeing this lipstick since hearing about it through SoloLisa's blog and from my BFF, Stephanie over at blushpretty. I can't wait to wear it today for my actual birthday.


I'm hoping today won't be stressful at work and I enjoy my mid-week birthday. I am quite excited because my new boss is a big fan of birthdays. For days she's been asking me what I plan to do for my special day.

13 comments:

Marz said...

Today is significant indeed! Happy Birthday beautiful girl! I completely believe in celebrating the entire week of my birthday :) Sounds like you had a great pre-birthday dinner! Free birthday Key Lime pie (my favoruite!) and a Lush bathing set (can you believe I had to google Lush?! We don't have one in my little city, but there is one in Dallas so I will have to check it out next time I'm that way) sound absolutely perfect. I'm glad to hear you treated yourself to something you've been wanting! Please take a photo with your gorgeous Smoke Red lips on your actual birthday. Enjoy your day beautiful birthday girl despite being at work!! I hope all your wishes come true! xo

Elisse said...

Happiest happiest birthday to you, Leesh! *hugs* all around! So glad you were born ;)

Michelle-esque said...

Ahh! Happy birthday! ^___^ It sounds like you had a great birthday! On the bright side, if you do get stressed out, the bath bombs will cheer you up! :)

Kasey Lynne said...

Happy Birthday new bloggie friend! Rock that red lipstick....and have a wonderful day!!

reni said...

happy birthday, leesh! hope it's an awesome one!

The Girlie Blog said...

Happy birthday hon! Hope you get all that you wished for!

The Food Junkie said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Lin said...

Happy birthday!

Nikolett said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEESH! Sounds like you had an amazing pre-birthday celebration, hope today is just as great for you!! :)

Maureen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! oh no! we forgot to actually sing Happy birthday to you at dinner! hope you enjoyed your bday today!

very cute, bathing set btw!

Ai said...

Happy birthday Leesh! And really everyone should celebrate all month long :)

Karina said...

Feliz Cumpleanos!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ,i hope you had a great day :)
-Kathi-