Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Memories: Cabbage Patch Kids

C'mon, we all had one but we probably didn't keep it throughout high school, college, marriage and various moves.  I had four - one was mine, Ursula and the other three, well, two belonged to friends who left them at my house (yes, Julie R. - I think they were yours) and one belonged to my brother. I had them with me up until high school. My dad remarried and had little grandkids from the Philippines move in with him. They didn't bring any toys with them so I lent them my CPKs only to never see them again. Back in 2007 when Mike was on vacation with his friend, I started to get obsessed with getting another Cabbage Patch kid. My mom and I searched high and low (well basically, WalMart, Zellers and Toy R Us ) for the perfect one.  I found a cute little boy, Oscar Aryan, who looked exactly how my husband looked when he was a baby. Don't worry, I am not crazy or anything, I just wanted another CPK that I could pass down to my child (whenever that happens). 

L to R - Oscar Aryan (asian), Timothy Johnathan (indian), Corey Hart (blond) 

This photo was taken at my friend's party - she is a real life friend and a fellow blogger. Timothy and Corey belong to her.  Check out her post about Cabbage Patch Kids.

13 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

OMG I can't believe the blonde one's last name is Aryan!

Steph said...

I love it! This post made my Monday. I wish I had a better picture of the boys together.

mindlessdrivl said...

ha! love it. I had a cabbage patch kid; a boy named Stephen something. I have no idea where he is now; I think I donated him when we moved from my mom's house.

K has one now. His name is Baby, he's a preemie and according to K, cries a lot so she rocks and cuddles him quite a bit. It's pretty freaking adorable to be honest.

Kasey Lynne said...

this is SO great!

Luckie said...

oh, oh, i remember this mission.
To search for the perfect little boy.
We drove to different stores and then you found Oscar.
Don't you wish you had kept all the original ones from you were a kid.

this is me. said...

LOOVVEEE IT! you already know i have a collection of these sweetest dolls ever! they are the best!

bananas. said...

i'm not sure how funny this post is supposed to be but it made me giggle. you really own those cabbage patch kids?! and why is the white one called "blond"? LOL. oh and oscar aryan? LOL. sorry i'll stop.

stephanie said...

ha ha ha! I like how you listed them as "asian, indian, and blond" ... that's like saying "yellow, brown, and caucasian". And what make's timothy jonathan "indian" - his name doesn't sound indian??

Elisse said...

I still have my Cabbage Patch doll! Her name is Colette! I think you should host a CPK virtual date on your blog :)

Nikolett said...

Aww, memories! I remember having a Cabbage Patch kid, they were os adorable and chubby haha. My definite favourite childhood toy were Polly Pockets, though - before she decided to grow a few inches. Sorry I haven't been around here lately, I'm going to spend some time catching up now :)

Jules said...

Oh Cabbage patch kids! I had many awesome memories playting with those dolls. And yes it was a sad day when I realized that they got packed up with you. At least I knew they'd be well loved. xo

Maureen said...

hey! where's the photo of Oscar and Trevor?! LOL! j/k...

Karina said...

Ha!Omg as I read your post I thought "I want to steal her CPK Dolls!! I love them and think they rock! I guess that makes me crazy also : )
I have to post about it on my blog now and show my CPK : )