Thursday, December 9, 2010

post birthday wrap up

That's it, my day is done. I had a great birthday. First of all, I was greeted by tons of tweeters (too many to keep up with), some text and emails but the best one was the greeting from my mom. If you have been following my blog, you will know that she likes to write poems. She wrote a special one for my birthday. I found it sweet yet hilarious.  Thank you mom!


It was quite a busy day at work but somehow I managed to have lunch with one of my BFFs, Stephanie. She treated me to a sushi lunch. Unfortunately, I ate very little because I was full from my birthday breakfast of McDonald's Hotcakes & Sausages and my usual Starbucks drink (yes, I got it free because it's my birthday!). I quickly made plans for the evening at Oliver & Bonacini for Mike and five of my friends.



Lucky for us, all cocktail drinks were $4.95. We ordered a round of Thai Mojitos and lots of delicious food. You know me, I have to take photos of what I eat. I shared some appetizers with Maureen because I was still full from breakfast and lunch. My hubby was super awesome for picking up the bill.

 Classic Caprese Bruschetta

Grilled Calamari

Asides from the gift from my dad from the night before, I also got my fabulous snuggie (thanks mopar), cool iPhone apps magnets, leather gloves, note cards and a gift card from David's tea. My co-workers also greeted me with a cake and my cubicle neighbour got me a cute cake with a macaron on top and a Lindt advent calendar.

I truly enjoyed my birthday and I was sad to see it end. Lastly, thank you blogger friends and readers for the birthday greetings, you guys are awesome and totally made my day!

6 comments:

Michelle-esque said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful birthday! The food looks super duper yummy and the email that your mother sent to you was super cute! ^___^

Kasey Lynne said...

That is sooo sweet that your mom wrote you a poem! So precious!

Glad you had a good birthday!

Steph I said...

Your mom is so silly and sweet for writing you this birthday poem – you are really blessed that she is your mom! The poem really made me giggle and smile, and I especially love the cheerleader CPK in the banner. LOVE.

I'm glad to see that your birthday was such a special one.

this is me. said...

mmm...food looks delish!

Maureen said...

LOVE Luckie's poem! and she brings up a very good point.. you still have time to learn how to drive! LOL!

YAY! you got your starbucks drink for free? did you litterally go up to them and say "hey, it's my birthday today!"?

Elisse said...

Hey! What happened to the other comment I tried to type?

Anyways - sounds like you had a great night! And your mom's poem is sweet :D